Need some car mechanic advice...

zeus1gdsm

Just throwing this one out there..

Wife's front caliper seized. Not having the time to diy it like I would in the summer I took it in.

Turns out rear seized too.

After several hours of work they determined it was water in the lines and fluid was not coming out of the bleeders on the two wheels.

Changed master cylinder, new rotors and pads and a caliper on the front.

I picked it up and the brake pedal was hard as a rock.. drove it around the block.

On general braking the pedal functioned nor.ally. however in some random instances it would be a very slow brake. Causing the vehicle to stop further out than intended.

No rhyme or reason to this happening.

Standing on the pedal did not "lock" them up.

Brought it back. They drove it. Bled the brakes again and said it wss good to go.

Now I have more pedal travel. But it still hits a rock wall after an inch or two.

Thought it just needed some break in period.

I was able to finally get it to lock up today.

However I still had two instances of weak brake power causing me to end up with nose in the intersection. This was random and under general braking pressure. It's almost as if the calipers are not squeezing hard enough.

No general pull one way or the other.

Thoughts?

08 Hyundai elantra

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Had this done at a mavis/colemuffler.... They should have the ability to activate the diagnostic correct?

They must have filled and sucked out the brakes fluid 3 or 4 times before changing the master cynlinder.. due to the water they said the rings in the cylinder were all swollen shut on the 2 bad wheels but bleeding fine on the other 2

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Make sure the calipers were not put on the wrong sides? Sounds stupid but happens a lot.  Bleeders up.

Never have heard of water in the line? Thats kinda how they try to get you to buy a brake fluid flush. Causes more problems then what started with. They should have the Snap On Modem to bleed the lines.

Edited by Real World Hunter
  • Like 2

Hook up scan tool and bleed dump solenoids in abs module. Have to do on all wheels. Also a pressure bleeder maybe required or a hose off bleeder into a bottle of brake clean. Brake fluid attracts moisture and thats how it can get into system. They probably didnt fix the issue to begin with. Sounds like proportion valve.