Springfield XDS .45

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Dad bought an XDS in 9mm about a year after I bought my  Mod.2 in .45. He saw how much I loved mine, so he bought the XDS since its much thinner obviously. 

I have a glock 19 right now but it will be hard to conceal during summer so I was thinking the xds is small and slim enough to carry during the summer

14 minutes ago, rabbithunter said:

I have a glock 19 right now but it will be hard to conceal during summer so I was thinking the xds is small and slim enough to carry during the summer

It is .9" wide, and is a nice little gun.  Never an issue with either guns.  We both have TT Gunleather double belt loop style IWB leather holsters,  and his gun really doesnt even feel like its there.  I daily carry my mod.2 which is over an inch thick, and even then its comfortable, both guns are about 6" in length.  Hope this helps.

4:30 or 5 o'clock position for whatever its worth...

Edited by Bionic
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody have one? Thinking about buying one and wanted too see what everyone’s opinion is on it ?

Is get the 9 or 40 I have it in 9 and have shot all three it’s a small gun for the 45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my hunting buddies carries a .45 X D in the woods and seems to like it.  Accessories can be tough to find compared with other brands.  Personally, I don't get the whole grip safety thing.  

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

One of my hunting buddies carries a .45 X D in the woods and seems to like it.  Accessories can be tough to find compared with other brands.  Personally, I don't get the whole grip safety thing.  

I noticed you had a space in between x and d also. Every time I typed it I got this xD lol. 

I rather like the 1911 like grip safety. Less likely to go boom by accident then say the similar gun . The Glock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I noticed you had a space in between x and d also. Every time I typed it I got this xD lol. 

I rather like the 1911 like grip safety. Less likely to go boom by accident then say the similar gun . The Glock. 

Yeah, I was like, "How the heck did that smiley get there?!" xD

I buy pistols with the intent of CCW or HD so my thought process is more specific: Less parts equals less opportunities to fail.  A good kydex holster covering the trigger guard will keep any modern polymer handgun from an AD (except for maybe a SIG P320...lol)  Also, there is the chance debris can get in there and prevent me from disengaging the grip safety at a most inopportune time.  Anyway, that's my take on it and in no way does that mean don't buy a XDs.  I think guys should buy whatever they like, choot the chit out of em and then draw their own conclusions.

I've owned one for probably 5 years now, I love it, I put a set of talon grips on it and carry it everywhere. Its a lot easier to be accurate with than I figured it would be. Ifind myself carrying this 90% of the time because of it's size, the recoil is stout but very manageable, I'm a big fan of Springfield's and this one hits the spot for me, I'm considering getting the 9 also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have shot the XDS in 40, 9mm and 45. I am actually looking to buy the 9mm, as the 45 was way too jumpy for me. It does pack a punch, but with the gun being for self defense, I want something that I can keep on target easier for a quick follow up. Its just tough to do with the 45 with it being such a small gun with that much power. Maybe for someone with bigger hands it would be fine, but the 9mm feels perfect to me.

• Like 1

I bought all my guns with plans to CC so they are all smaller. I have an SD9VE, and a Glock 23 that are great to shoot and CC easily in the cooler months but my summer CC is a Bodyguard .380. I can put the thing in my pocket and no one would know the difference. It's really small compared to anything else I own or have looked at. My next purchase will be a shield or similar sized pistol. I'm not a Ruger pistol fan so it won't be one of those.

10 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I bought all my guns with plans to CC so they are all smaller. I have an SD9VE, and a Glock 23 that are great to shoot and CC easily in the cooler months but my summer CC is a Bodyguard .380. I can put the thing in my pocket and no one would know the difference. It's really small compared to anything else I own or have looked at. My next purchase will be a shield or similar sized pistol. I'm not a Ruger pistol fan so it won't be one of those.

Check out the Springfields, they arent much bigger than a Bodyguard 380, and are smaller than the Shield.

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Check out the Springfields, they arent much bigger than a Bodyguard 380, and are smaller than the Shield.

Will do, You like the safety on them? I have been used to the trigger style safety not sure how hard it would be to transition to the palm style safety. It looks like yours has the trigger style safety do they all have that?

I like the simplicity of just grabbing the gun and being able to pull the trigger and it goes bang. Also the wife doesn't shoot a lot so for her to be able to just pick it up and pull the trigger is a plus. 

Edited by chas0218

5 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Will do, You like the safety on them? I have been used to the trigger style safety not sure how hard it would be to transition to the palm style safety. It looks like yours has the trigger style safety do they all have that?

Those arent mine, just a pic I found on the net to compare. I love the Springfield pinch safety, its a 2 part thing with the palm button and the false trigger. After you shoot one the first time, it feels as if it has no safety at all while you are shooting. Super easy and you dont have to think about it at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Those arent mine, just a pic I found on the net to compare. I love the Springfield pinch safety, its a 2 part thing with the palm button and the false trigger. After you shoot one the first time, it feels as if it has no safety at all while you are shooting. Super easy and you dont have to think about it at all.

Okay I wasn't sure how it all worked never shot one or held one.

Chas- both the palm and trigger safety,  honestly require no thought. If you pick the gun up to shoot it, it will fire without needing to jostle the gun around to allign everything, which I am assuming you are imagining.  I too had concerns.   Plus, the spring weight in the grip safety, must be very low weight,  you do not feel it, it does not fatigue your pressure point area, or anything.  I cant say enough good.  Plus its nice having the two safety's for carrying, that do not require thought, or action to take off the safety.

Heres my mod2 .45, absolute ZERO dissapointent.

20180306_124138.jpg

Edited by Bionic
Spelling
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Chas- both the palm and trigger safety,  honestly require no thought. If you pick the gun up to shoot it, it will fire without needing to jostle the gun around to allign everything, which I am assuming you are imagining.  I too had concerns.   Plus, the spring weight in the grip safety, must be very low weight,  you do not feel it, it does not fatigue your pressure point area, or anything.  I cant say enough good.  Plus its nice having the two safety's for carrying, that do not require thought, or action to take off the safety.

Heres my mod2 .45, absolute ZERO dissapointent.

20180306_124138.jpg

What IWB holster is that?  Likes dislikes?