Springfield XDS .45

TT Gunleather is the company

Slim XC is the holster name.

The holsters are individually made, will take 6-8 weeks to make, at the time I ordered at least.

The holster still looks new after 1.5 yrs, I carry as much as possible, but its always with me. 

The holster will contour to your carry position after some hours of carry.  The mouth will not collapse when needing to reholster.  It is not recommended to wear the holster without the gun, in time it will deform.  They are gun specific, and my dad bought the same holster for his xds, due to how much I like it.  This is my first carry gun, and holster though.  I feel its very comfortable, even for 8-12 hrs at a time, even while seated.  I have heavy duty gun belt that helps as well, from a different company.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/a9856d0dead4463ea8f07338d4d909/catalog/product/dc7f28ad360f456a997b608f3834bac2

20180306_130349.jpg

20180306_130405.jpg

20180306_130326.jpg

Edited by Bionic
Spelling

Nice looking set up Bionic. And agreed a good gun carry specific belt makes a big difference. 

How much bark and bite does that gun have ?  Totally agree on the 1911 like safety being a nice piece of mind versus say a Glock without it. I point and shoot and don’t notice a thing with it. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you TF.

I wear a thick Hanks belt.  Its blacked out, matches the holster.

Oh it kicks, but I enjoy that.  Its not to the point of needing both hands(no pun intended lol).  

Although. I must say, I have a ton of strength in my right arm, due to the arm situation.  My dad has handguns, etc, and he shot my gun once.  He said NEVER again, get it away from me.  He was a mechanic his entirelife, so hes got some strength.   The kick actually shocked him, and he said it was unpleasant. 

I don't find his xds 9mm to be all that drastic in how much less it kicks versus my .45 though

Also, the mod.2 fits my hand very well, where I feel the xds, is like holding a 1x3 board.  Mod.2 gives a good firm grip, for whatever thats worth.

Really not much help.

Edited by Bionic
Spelling

17 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Thank you TF.

I wear a thick Hanks belt.  Its blacked out, matches the holster.

Oh it kicks, but I enjoy that.  Its not to the point of needing both hands(no pun intended lol).  

Although. I must say, I have a ton of strength in my right arm, due to the arm situation.  My dad has handguns, etc, and he shot my gun once.  He said NEVER again, get it away from me.  He was a mechanic his entirelife, so hes got some strength.   The kick actually shocked him, and he said it was unpleasant. 

I don't find his xds 9mm to be all that drastic in how much less it kicks versus my .45 though

Really not much help.

I'm sure it makes a big difference ammo wise between the 2. I know I can load my 9mm to kick more than my .40 but I like to use the lightest self defense bullet possible in that caliber. It just ensures it wouldn't go through the perp and into the other room. Personally that is the man reason for me to not have a .45 pistol. Lots of energy in that round but for self defense I want the bullet to stop in the person and not keep going.

14 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I'm sure it makes a big difference ammo wise between the 2. I know I can load my 9mm to kick more than my .40 but I like to use the lightest self defense bullet possible in that caliber. It just ensures it wouldn't go through the perp and into the other room. Personally that is the man reason for me to not have a .45 pistol. Lots of energy in that round but for self defense I want the bullet to stop in the person and not keep going.

Still my weak point, honestly.  I still have yet to buy dedicated carry ammo.  Dad, and I just shoot federal aluminum since they are cheap, for shooting behind camp.  Still need to buy a critical defense, or some type of dedicated carry round.  

Edited by Bionic
Spelling

Bionic, thanks for the info on the holster.  Looks very well made.  

I currently use a Galco king tuck with my shield. The Galco is a little big and cumbersome, but I got used to it quick. 

Currently looking for a small CC as my current setup is a tad big for landscaping.  My main issue is getting on off mower, and bending over constantly.  Most of my clients wouldn't be happy knowing that I carry, but luckily a good number are weekenders and not there when I'm mowing.  

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

Bionic, thanks for the info on the holster.  Looks very well made.  

I currently use a Galco king tuck with my shield. The Galco is a little big and cumbersome, but I got used to it quick. 

Currently looking for a small CC as my current setup is a tad big for landscaping.  My main issue is getting on off mower, and bending over constantly.  Most of my clients wouldn't be happy knowing that I carry, but luckily a good number are weekenders and not there when I'm mowing.  

I can understand that, we have zero turns at my job.  Myself, I am thinking about a very small revolver to appendix carry for days i want to just pop the gun on, and go.  You wear a gun belt? 

21 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I can understand that, we have zero turns at my job.  Myself, I am thinking about a very small revolver to appendix carry for days i want to just pop the gun on, and go.  You wear a gun belt? 

Yes.  511.  Had it for about 4 yrs. Wear it every day.  

• Like 1

Chas- both the palm and trigger safety,  honestly require no thought. If you pick the gun up to shoot it, it will fire without needing to jostle the gun around to allign everything, which I am assuming you are imagining.  I too had concerns.   Plus, the spring weight in the grip safety, must be very low weight,  you do not feel it, it does not fatigue your pressure point area, or anything.  I cant say enough good.  Plus its nice having the two safety's for carrying, that do not require thought, or action to take off the safety.
Heres my mod2 .45, absolute ZERO dissapointent.
20180306_124138.thumb.jpg.c9f26bd2c9ae084596fcc45fe88cf66c.jpg
TT Gunleather is the best!!!!7c23429341c4f78e104db6bbf49e9eac.jpg

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

• Like 1

I knew there must be others on here with TT Gunleather.   Nice combo.  How do you like thr mag holder?
Nice and comfy. Although I have to sadly admit I have only worn around my house amd at the range. But around the house super comfy and the mag holder works well. Have yet to take a mag from it to load but is not uncomfortable at all which ticks all my boxes. Maybe one day I will move to a free state or even better yet I'll submit my paperwork for my CT permit and I can carry then. Long story short I love it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Nice and comfy. Although I have to sadly admit I have only worn around my house amd at the range. But around the house super comfy and the mag holder works well. Have yet to take a mag from it to load but is not uncomfortable at all which ticks all my boxes. Maybe one day I will move to a free state or even better yet I'll submit my paperwork for my CT permit and I can carry then. Long story short I love it!

Good stuff! 

42 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Anyone tell me if this is a good deal? It's an X D .40 not sure if the XDS is better. They have it for $329.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/springfield-armory-pistol-xd-mod-2-sub-compact-3-40s-w-bitone-xdg9822hc.html

The regular X D is nice, I had the 40, but the XDS is alot smaller and more carry friendly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

O ok I was thinking it was the same gun just different version. Thanks again. 

No problem! The XDS is a single stack, which is why its so much thinner. All of the other X D variants are double stack. Great guns, just not that comfortable to carry concealed.

Here's another comparison between my XDS45 and my XD45 Compact. While I love both guns, the XD45 is a bit much to conceal inside the pants, 99% of the time I Grab the XDS, even when I'm out in the woods and concealment isnt a concern I still grab the xds a lot of the time, it's a pleasure to carry. Heck it even slides into my front pocket on loose fitting cargo shorts for summer, you can't do that with many 45's...IMG_20180307_165607603.jpgIMG_20180307_165650370.jpgIMG_20180307_165724590.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No problem! The XDS is a single stack, which is why its so much thinner. All of the other X D variants are double stack. Great guns, just not that comfortable to carry concealed.

any double stack i've held seemed to wide.

14 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

any double stack i've held seemed to wide.

The Springields arent bad at all, except when it comes to how easy they are to conceal. When I originally bought mine, I was down to a choice between an HK and the X D. They are both nice, but when it came down to it, I went with the X D because the HK felt too wide in the grip to me, it just wasnt comfortable. I will say that the HK had a nicer trigger, but lets face it, its a self defense gun, and generally speaking, range to the target is going to be short, so a not quite as smooth trigger is no issue. The XDS has a nicer trigger, I think, than the first generation of X D did. I like it wayyyyyy better than that friggin hinged S&W trigger.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 5:02 PM, chrisw said:

Here's another comparison between my XDS45 and my XD45 Compact. While I love both guns, the XD45 is a bit much to conceal inside the pants, 99% of the time I Grab the XDS, even when I'm out in the woods and concealment isnt a concern I still grab the xds a lot of the time, it's a pleasure to carry. Heck it even slides into my front pocket on loose fitting cargo shorts for summer, you can't do that with many 45's...IMG_20180307_165607603.jpgIMG_20180307_165650370.jpgIMG_20180307_165724590.jpg

How do you like the Pierce grip extension?

Contemplated getting one, I know they are only $10, and it wont break me, but still undecided. 

How do you like the Pierce grip extension?
Contemplated getting one, I know they are only $10, and it wont break me, but still undecided. 
It makes a big difference to me, feels like I have a lot more control. I keep one mag with extension and one without, the extension profiles a bit more under clothes but I can work around that. Get one, you won't regret it!

• Thanks 1