Ruger LCP II

My brother in laws mother in law just got her permit. We went to cabelas to check out small pistols. I have the smith and wesson bodyguard, she tried that, the lcp2 and on of the single stack glocks. She liked the glock best but couldnt pass up the price of the ruger. The trigger on the ruger makes me want to sell my smith. For a tiny summer carry gun you cant go wrong with the ruger.

I own an lcp. Like most have said it's a cheap gun, and not that it's cheaply made but it doesn't cost a lot. It's small and easy to pocket carry. I've never had a misfire. Of course it's not a fun gun to shoot by any means and I'm not sure anyone buys one to shoot at the range anyhow. If I have any complaint its that I prefer pistols that lock chamber open on the last round. The lcp does not. I recommend the superfly pocket holster. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003K84C9O/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item 

• 2 weeks later...

Little late here ... have an LCP since the wait list was five pages long when they first came out. Knowing the shop owner helped ,got mine in two days.

Anyways , changed out recoil spring to Wolff 12 lb as earlier guns sometimes had an issue with going into full battery with some loads. Highly recommend Houge Handall grip sleeve , really helps with grip and some say felt recoil . Although I never really had an issue with it .

Those two along with DeSantis pocket holster , and using the mag with finger extension are pretty much how I see most LCP’s.

I carry it stuffed with Ruger APX ammo. .380 HP is not known for great expansion or penetration, hardball has poor wound channels but better penetration  , this ammo seems to blend the two, good wound channels and penetration.

the II has better sites , and trigger safety 

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wolcotts next time around.  Guys are great there with less hastle 

I'll mention it to him if he buys another gun anytime soon.  Being 69 and not much of a "gunny", I don't see lots of guns in his future........ :)