TV Reception Options

fasteddie

Spectrum / Time Warner is going to Zap reception in a day or two . I am good on 2 TV's as I have 2 converter boxes . A Spectrum rep told me that I could get local channels and more through ROKU and FireStick JailBreak . Has anyone tried this ? I tried one of the amplified full HDTV indoor antennas and it is pretty much worthless .

I get the Spectrum stream of channels thru my Roku player for 19.95 a month. I get both Rochester and Buffalo local stations ( and I'm right on the Niagara, Orleans County border) and bunch other USA , History, A&E, Discovery etc. For the price I am quite satisfied. Check into it, you might be satisfied Eddie.

Odd that they said to jailbreak a Firestick 

, what they are saying is to download Kodi to,your Firestick so you can get all shows on cable , live sports, and movies that are still in the theaters .

You May see the legal issues with that .....

But I know tons of guys who’ve done that. Ruko May be a good option for you , go to Target in Webster , their  guys are really knowledgeable, see Ryan if he is working ,( tall thin with two inch black fingernails ) or the kid with weird blond hair, and piercings they Both Know there sh!t and are very helpful .

I don’t know anyone under 30 and many way over that age , that still use cable .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

What the hell are all these weird words? ROKU and FireStick JailBreak ?...... Huh? All I want to do is turn the damn TV on and watch a program, not start another college education.....lol. Things are getting out of control.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Changed to all digital signal here on the 9th.I got extra box for 1 TV,for 1 yr then they start charging,Bought a roku stik,was having problems logging in,got tangled up with some third party that assists you,MISTAKE,when we were done $69.95 ,total bs.You are able to basically get all the channels thru Spectrums app.In the end it does work fairly well, just save yourself the $69.95 and take your time setting up roku stik yourself.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

What the hell are all these weird words? ROKU and FireStick JailBreak ?...... Huh? All I want to do is turn the damn TV on and watch a program, not start another college education.....lol. Things are getting out of control.

This ^^^... 1000%

Counting the TV in the garage , I have 7 TV's . I pay for 2 boxes on two of the TV's . Looking for something that will give me just local channels on the other TV's . Looking into alternatives . I will check with the guys at Target in Webster and see what they say . 

Thanks for the suggestions .

Doc --- It's the 21st Century . Get with it ! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Spectrum / Time Warner is going to Zap reception in a day or two . I am good on 2 TV's as I have 2 converter boxes . A Spectrum rep told me that I could get local channels and more through ROKU and FireStick JailBreak . Has anyone tried this ? I tried one of the amplified full HDTV indoor antennas and it is pretty much worthless .

What exactly do you mean by Zap reception?

I use the firestick with an HDTV indoor antenna. You really have to spend $40-$50+ on the antenna to get a good quality one that will pull a lot of stations if your out father away in the country. At least that's only a one time fee. 

If you go the firestick route I would suggest spending the little extra for the amazon fire tv. Its a little faster and a little more stable. I'm no tech master but i have been cable free for 3 years now. It took a bit of learning but in the end it was pretty easy to do. A few hours of my time researching  with a glass of whiskey at my side for support and I was able to get what I wanted. 

If you do it feel free to PM me and I can help you along the way. 

• Like 1

I am looking for something to bring in the local stations on the non major TV's . The guy with the black fingernails wasn't working at the Webster Target today . The girl at Target suggested getting rid of spectrum TV and getting Direct TV . ROKU will get me a lot of stations but not local .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I am looking for something to bring in the local stations on the non major TV's . The guy with the black fingernails wasn't working at the Webster Target today . The girl at Target suggested getting rid of spectrum TV and getting Direct TV . ROKU will get me a lot of stations but not local .

I think the only way is to get a quality outdoor digital HD antenna for local stations. I remember a company that tried to send local channels over the internet by having a mini "antenna" for each user, but it got shot down IIRC.

Also, check out the $2.99 a month plan at selecttv.com It might be of interest to you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I think the only way is to get a quality outdoor digital HD antenna for local stations. I remember a company that tried to send local channels over the internet by having a mini "antenna" for each user, but it got shot down IIRC.

Also, check out the $2.99 a month plan at selecttv.com It might be of interest to you.

Yep outdoor antenna.  My indoor boosted work fine 99% if the time but if they didnt, that is the route I would go for what you want Eddie. 

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

With Roku , you download Spectrum app. That gets you local plus AE, History, Discovery, espn HBO and a bunch more for about $25 a month .

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/23048/spectrum-tv

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Hum, that May be, I thought you,just needed, Spectrum internet .

im just starting the cut the cable process myself learning as I,go .

you should check out selecttv.com for $2.99 a month 

Edited by goosifer
  • Like 1

yeah eddie i have verizon and hate it.I send them hate e-mail all the time, was going to switch to spectrum and decided not to for a few reasons . one they are on strike for 2 yrs and im a union man [it still means something to me ] and #2 THEY SUCK everyone who has it hates it. get netflix im watching it right now meateater.  I pay way over $ 200 month for cable, phone land line. and my internet service. it is second only to my mortgage

With Roku , you download Spectrum app. That gets you local plus AE, History, Discovery, espn HBO and a bunch more for about $25 a month .
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/23048/spectrum-tv
I thought if you had Specturm cable....you could log in through a Roku with your user name and password on another tv and it is free...or even at another residence that you have internet at and you are good to go for the price of the Roku stick??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk