Fishing tackle

sodfather

3 hours ago, MPHunter said:

I do a lot of bass fishing in the Adirondacks. You can't beat a senko rigged weedless with a 2/O worm hook. I have hundreds of dollars of other lures I've accumulated over the last three decades and they hardly get used over the senkos. I find that any of the dark colors work best. Tip - the bass pro brand knockoffs are just as good as the yamamoto brand originals and a lot less expensive. 

Agree. the Gary Y arent nearly as durable either. When I kayak fish for bass all I bring is a bag of Senkos and a couple white spinnerbaits. They hit that Senko on the fall 75% of the time, I just watch my line

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wrong. I have to row everywhere. The tree stands of fishing are “motors” on boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arent four wheelers the outboards of the hunting woods?

New thread topic:

"Greater advantage? Treestand for hunting vs Live Bait for fishing"

• Like 1

I'm a lazy fishermen I use mostly live bait/worms I even fish with a dobber/float most of the time or I fish bottom water for bullheads using chicken livers as bait.If fishing for crappies I use a rubber grubs on a 1/8 ounce jig.

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Arent four wheelers the outboards of the hunting woods?

New thread topic:

"Greater advantage? Treestand for hunting vs Live Bait for fishing"

If youre fishing for gamefish, like bass or pike , will catch more fish on lures than live bait hands down.  Personal best day with senkos....84 bass.  Not a fish story. Lol. 

• Like 1

This was last summer was a good time but they fight feels much better on a fly . We still had a blast 
19D5B962-A6A4-4E9F-9AAF-28CCC4884BB2.thumb.jpeg.c4f67196a9767e780bad9bbbab98400f.jpeg
0BA5F5B6-011A-445D-82FD-42E1408BA600.thumb.jpeg.62d56042d7e0f3e4df025212bab1da54.jpeg
U gotta be the first guy I ever heard not have a a hookup with a fighter !!! That's a solid board too... Looks like a couple good ones in there. My dad got a 12# that took 15min to fight in. Maybe they like you and the Dreamweaver, but they hate me and want to fight till their dead ! Either way, invite still stands for this summer

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

U gotta be the first guy I ever heard not have a a hookup with a fighter !!! That's a solid board too... Looks like a couple good ones in there. My dad got a 12# that took 15min to fight in. Maybe they like you and the Dreamweaver, but they hate me and want to fight till their dead ! Either way, invite still stands for this summer

I appreciate the offer aboard the Bost sounds like a good time if you ask me looking forward to it. And thanks for getting the song Dreamweaver stuck in my head. Those fish did fight don't get me wrong my arms were gassed after that day.. I don't have the boat to take up that sort of style of fishing. But I guess that's why BOAT stands for 

Bust

Out

Another

Thousand

Edited by sodfather

57 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im just busting chops with Biz, didnt mean to derail thread.

So Sodfather get a Senko kit and good 2/0 worm hooks and a jig kit with several size jig heads. A bucket of single Colorado blade white spinnerbaits and youre all set.

I'll definitely get some of those Senko's . Seams like the majority like soft plastics. Back when I had lots of lures it was rattle traps and tons on rapalas . Lost them all in the Tondawanda Creek . What about line, I used spiderwire 15 years ago. I used it for chug bugs. I guess I'm getting cabin fever sick of this white s*it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If youre fishing for gamefish, like bass or pike , will catch more fish on lures than live bait hands down.  Personal best day with senkos....84 bass.  Not a fish story. Lol. 

You must have a had a serious case of bass thumb!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I'll definitely get some of those Senko's . Seams like the majority like soft plastics. Back when I had lots of lures it was rattle traps and tons on rapalas . Lost them all in the Tondawanda Creek . What about line, I used spiderwire 15 years ago. I used it for chug bugs. I guess I'm getting cabin fever sick of this white s*it 

For bass fishing with senkos, I like a medium fast action spinning rod, MItchell 300 reel and Green Trilene XT in 8 or 10 pound test.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I hate braided line with the intensity of 1,000 suns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hate braided line with the intensity of 1,000 suns

We snagged up a few times using regular line on that spider wire. What a pita   I eventually retrieved a loose end and coiled up about 50 feet of it. It came with a huge Rapala and a Rattle trap snagged up in it. 

A tip of fishing Erie. If you start catching Goby. Stay there. Them bass love them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

We snagged up a few times using regular line on that spider wire. What a pita   I eventually retrieved a loose end and coiled up about 50 feet of it. It came with a huge Rapala and a Rattle trap snagged up in it. 

A tip of fishing Erie. If you start catching Goby. Stay there. Them bass love them. 

I love fishing it but the simplest snag or tangle and its impossible to work with

I appreciate the offer aboard the Bost sounds like a good time if you ask me looking forward to it. And thanks for getting the song Dreamweaver stuck in my head. Those fish did fight don't get me wrong my arms were gassed after that day.. I don't have the boat to take up that sort of style of fishing. But I guess that's why BOAT stands for 
Bust
Out
Another
Thousand
Well she's no "Dreamweaver" but she floats...

15 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Cmon a screaming salmon ain’t no dead log.   Sounds like you focused on lakers.  

We did lake Erie lakers last fall & they are not dead logs  either those suckers just fight like hell to get back to the bottom!  Also hooking into them on the lower Niag. while drifting they fight like crazy like a large bass only bigger.

I can't imagine rowing everywhere to fish gotta give credit on that one. My buddy has a 300 Mercury on his Lund. Game changer compared to his old 150 lol.

And for tackle I'm limited on largemouth but smallies in lake Erie we do some drop shooting with gulp, tubes, etc. If you ever wanna Target walleye locally give me a shout I usually have good reports. 

Edited by BigVal
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hunter49 said:

We did lake Erie lakers last fall & they are not dead logs  either those suckers just fight like hell to get back to the bottom!  Also hooking into them on the lower Niag. while drifting they fight like crazy like a large bass only bigger.

We still target lakers when things are slow and they do fight.  They just won't rip line.  My father couldn't move one last year.  A good 20min fight and the laker finally won.  But not near as exciting as when you are afraid of getting spooled.

• Like 1