Backpack with kickstand

Anyone have info on back packs available with kickstand. Would be used for Predator Hunting. Looking to pick one up but i cant afford the 300$ Tenzing this year, hopefully next ..They are sweet but i have kids and a family to support lol. Are there any decent lower priced packs with kickstands? Thanks in advance.. 

I was going to grab a tenzing a couple years back. Ended up saving the money and getting a seat that was basically a butt and back pad with straps to hold you up with your own weight, was like 25$. Since then I realized I can see so much more by elevating a foot or so. Got an ameristep high back chair and love it. Light weight and the way the legs are you won't sink in mud or snow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I was going to grab a tenzing a couple years back. Ended up saving the money and getting a seat that was basically a butt and back pad with straps to hold you up with your own weight, was like 25$. Since then I realized I can see so much more by elevating a foot or so. Got an ameristep high back chair and love it. Light weight and the way the legs are you won't sink in mud or snow.

I thought about that too, that probably is the cheaper way to go about it, ill just have to get a taller set of bipods then. Was also thinking of taking my turkey vest and sewing on some straps that attach from the ass cushion to the back of the vest. Anything i think would help vs just sitting against nothing, that was brutal in a couple setups, where trees dont exist.. 

I thought about that too, that probably is the cheaper way to go about it, ill just have to get a taller set of bipods then. Was also thinking of taking my turkey vest and sewing on some straps that attach from the ass cushion to the back of the vest. Anything i think would help vs just sitting against nothing, that was brutal in a couple setups, where trees dont exist.. 
I also upgraded my bipod. I had the gun mount and ended up getting some trigger sticks (tripod) and I'm much happier. I still use the ground seat for turkey hunting though, and don't use any shooting sticks. The ameristep chair is just so much more beneficial when pred hunting.

• Like 2

That tenzing sure looks nice. think I'll go with the small chair/seat for now. I used to stand for night sets also but its just easier for me to hold steadier after dark with a bipod and setting down.  Probably because I am no spring chicken anymore lol.

My buddy would hook his alpha dog up to his back pack and off to the next setup. It would hold a couple boxes of ammo, his jacket. had the kickstand so he could set out off the hedgerow. Looked like an awesome setup for predator hunting. Nice being hands free when scanning fields on the run. 

Tree guy, I was thinking of sewing some straps on to my Ol Tom turkey vest to achieve what that seat cushion does, with buttons so i can use and un use it.

OR as TF stated just get a small chair.. The only thing about the chair just might be a pain trying to re setup on a yote that is coming in from the unattended direction.. I see there is one made by ALPS that is the same price as the cabelas one, and the reviews are much better on the ALPS over the Cabelas one.. price is in my "Broke budget" lol