Impact Implaments

The problem with these ATV disc are they always throw the soils out and nothing to bring the soil back. They need another gang on the rear. They also need more weight so they cut in make a decent seed bed. The problem is that takes power and weight to pull with the notched disc.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

9 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

The problem with these ATV disc are they always throw the soils out and nothing to bring the soil back. They need another gang on the rear. They also need more weight so they cut in make a decent seed bed. The problem is that takes power and weight to pull with the notched disc.

I agree the tools for the ATV's need more weight with an ATV I think dragging a rake weighted down works best we did this last year for our garden and worked well after tilling with a walk behind tiller/Toro

15 hours ago, G-Man said:

If your serious about plotting a good used 8n will only put you back 1200 or so and you do much more in a lot less time not to mention the wear and tear on your expensive toys.

I agree, a Ford 2N, 9N, or 8N tractor would be better. A  good mechanics knowledge is helpfu when owning one. How many do you want, LOL? I thought I was collecting them for a while. Time you get a 2 bottom plow, pull disc, drag harrow, and roller; have about that much more into it, do a far better job, and save The ATV for what it was designed to do.

• Like 1

If hill is very steep tractor will go up anything in reverse.. I cross a creek with mine all the time. Even graded out the banks with rear blade.. if your afraid of a tractor I suggest you drive a few (even better if your friend has one to try..) just remember  you need to put clutch into stop brakes are meant to steer and final stop.. the motor and gearing has enoughpower on a 12 to tractor to keep going with all your weight on brakes if clutch is out. 

My friend bought 2 big atvs years ago did plotting with them after he bought some new property that came with tractor.. the atv have not left the barn in several years  except for grand kids to play with..and most of the time they want to go on tractor ride..

• Like 1