Valentine’s Day plans

crappyice

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wednesday's in our house are "no dinner Wednesdays" I always work til 7 , wife til 6 and daughter has ballet at 7:30.  But  I did buy a lobster tail and petite filet to make for my 93 year old dad when I get home and take it over with a baked potato too. Lost my mom a few weeks ago and after my folks had been married for 71 years I think today will be very hard on him  

Not real religious myself but today being Ash Wednesday is going to mess up some peoples dinner plans with no meat for sure

Sorry for your loss TF. That's a very thoughtful thing to do for your Dad!

• Like 2

My wife made me up some pickled heart for the special day, like she usually does.  Only two deer for me this year, so she threw a beef heart in with one today.   She pickled the other one on Thanksgiving with a beef tongue.  It is too bad deer tongues were not a little bigger.  Pickled moose tongue is the best wild game I have ever sampled.  I got her a bag of her favorite candy and a hand-written sticky note with a loving message of thanks.