Winter Olympics

crappyice

12 hours ago, zag said:

Shawn white winning the gold was some good TV, after he held up the flag in celebration he then dragged it across the snow. I'm no military guy but I was always taught the flag never touches the ground. Petty but took some of the excitement away

I agree , he was walking on it , dragging it on the ground, balling it up with no respect of the flag at all. It was a bad showing in my opinion, total disrespect! 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 6:37 AM, crappyice said:

No takers for the biathlon???? Hell they got guns in this one?

It’s in now if interested in broadening your horizons with your Sunday coffee?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched part of it. I like to watch the winter olympics, not so much the summer games though. Hockey, biathalon, speed skating, luge, bobsledding, snowboard halfpipe, skiing, etc. All great stuff.

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What about Shaun White and his sexual harassment of 2016?

You apparently havent spent much time around the skateboarding, snowboarding scene. I used to back in the day. Ever watch jackass? The typical skate/snowboarding crowd isnt really too far off from that. The guys in Jackass became famous from bits they did in Big Brother magazine, which was/is a skateboarding magazine.

Read up on what hes accused of, its not really abnormal stuff considering that type of crowd.

2 hours ago, grampy said:

My excitement, after watching Shaun White win the gold medal, turned to complete disdain, after seeing the way he dragged and stepped on our flag!  Very poor representation of the USA in my opinion!  

i too was a little bummed to see that. The only pass I'll give him is that he was in a different space after a run like that. He didn't go grab a flag, someone handed it to him. Also, i think there wasn't intent. Part of what bugs me about the nfl kneeling is the intent. Shaun didn't mean any disrespect or he wouldn't have hoisted it high when he first had it.

• Like 1

You apparently havent spent much time around the skateboarding, snowboarding scene. I used to back in the day. Ever watch jackass? The typical skate/snowboarding crowd isnt really too far off from that. The guys in Jackass became famous from bits they did in Big Brother magazine, which was/is a skateboarding magazine.
Read up on what hes accused of, its not really abnormal stuff considering that type of crowd.

My question was truly a question. I read on espn this morning that he was questioned but said it was just gossip. I had never heard about this before this morning.

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My question was truly a question. I read on espn this morning that he was questioned but said it was just gossip. I had never heard about this before this morning.

Me either. I googled it when I read your post. Im not making excuses for what he did, just saying.

• Like 1

I give the athletes a pass on flag etiquette. Most get the flag handed to them right after winning they don't ask for it and now they have to run around and celebrate with it. I wish they would stop handing it to them all together. This goes for all countries. We know where they are from save the flag for the ceremony. 

• Like 2

Because in the grand scheme of life nobody really cares.....this reporter who supposedly broke the news probably feels this article will be there big break life.

If it is all true...it's sad how people treat other humans.... nobody deserves to be harassed.

But like most late breaking news stories we will never get all the info needed to come up with a solid answer....this seems to be a case of he said....she said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

i'm just glad i'm married. I grew up with the advice that I should be persistent if i wanted some snatch. Now everything is logged in digital time forever and any attempt to go after a girl could be viewed as harassment. especially if one day you get famous and someone sees it as an opportunity.

don't get me wrong, i'm not defending some of the creeps who were recently exposed, but the stuff anzi ansari was put on blast for was just dumb. Dude was just trying to get some and he gets thrown under the bus for it.

• Like 3

unless snowboarding involves being the fastest going downhill around gates like regular skiing, then I'm not interested. Looks more like an activity than an athletic endeavor. 

Maybe I’m wrong since I haven’t went skiing or snowboarding in years, but I remember being able to ski double black diamonds and survive as a kid. I don’t remember being able to do 1440 twists 20 feet in the air and landing without dying. So I’m guessing Landing those jumps is way tougher than slalom skiing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Maybe I’m wrong since I haven’t went skiing or snowboarding in years, but I remember being able to ski double black diamonds and survive as a kid. I don’t remember being able to do 1440 twists 20 feet in the air and landing without dying. So I’m guessing Landing those jumps is way tougher than slalom skiing

Definitely way more difficult generally. My worst falls have come from trying to do tricks while skiing down a double diamond is generally a breeze unless its excessively icy. Although the whole grading system is all subjective to the mountains. Ive seen runs that are a black diamond in one mountain, but no more than a harder green at another mountain. 

Safe to assume both are equally as hard in an Olympic competition

• Like 1

Olympic Giant slalom isn’t the same as you jamokes swishing down some hill at Vernon Valley lol  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of course, but I’m saying I bet an Olympic snowboarder can get down the slalom on skis before an Olympic skiier can land a 1440 on a snowboard in the half pipe. I tried a blackflip once at Killington in the moguls on skis and got dragged down on a sled with my head strapped to the sled lol. My parents were pissed, but I was fine in a few hours.

• Like 1

Of course, but I’m saying I bet an Olympic snowboarder can get down the slalom on skis before an Olympic skiier can land a 1440 on a snowboard in the half pipe. I tried a blackflip once at Killington in the moguls on skis and got dragged down on a sled with my head strapped to the sled lol. My parents were pissed, but I was fine in a few hours.  

I don’t know which is more difficult but both are incredibly difficult and dangerous in their own regard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro