Question for the AR15 Folks

moog5050

57 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

The pictured one goes inside the mag between the floor plate and follower so I would think it would be considered permanent, Otherwise you could just throw a rivet in the side of the mag.

It says permanent right in the SafeAct Q&A, the wording is different than the removal of features part. Whether officers or a DA will charge you or not is a different story.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It says permanent right in the SafeAct Q&A, the wording is different than the removal of features part. Whether officers or a DA will charge you or not is a different story.

There isn't anything denoting how permanent what I am getting at is what are they going to define as permanent. Does that mean not being able to be taken apart or does that mean once taken apart it can no longer be used? I'm not refuting the law it is just gray as to their "interpretation" of permanent is. If you took that plug and epoxied it to the follower would that be considered permanent even though you could buy a new follower or possibly break the plug to make it hold more again? I mean there is a line but no one can tell us where that line is.

Edited by chas0218