How stupid have we become...

Robhuntandfish

Am watching the news and they have an in depth story on how to clean snow off your car...... I realize there is a lot of people that just don't do what they should but cmon.....my theory for a few years is to take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself back out again. Lol  I think we are getting dumber because we are protecting people without a lick of common sense these days.  We need to thin the herd ... Take the warning off ladders not to stand on the paint tray, take the warning off the snow blower not to stick your head in there while it's running.....etc.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It's all about covering ones buttocks and lawsuits for manufactures in todays world.  What amazes me is the 25 second list of possible side effects for medicine commercials but what the actual medicine does is 5 seconds 

I always laugh when I see those commercials and say who would be dumb enough to take that snake oil ...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

How could anyone confuse cleaning the snow OFF the vehicle with anything else . It's not science , make the snow on the car fall on to the ground .

Yeah they had someone outside with a snow brush actually cleaning off a car and there first tip was to do the windshield. ....... Makes me want to find a spot to jump . Between this kind of stuff and tide pods it makes me fear for the species. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

I talked to a ladder manufacturer once & he said every ladder that left his plant was a potential law suit & that is why then have all those  safety labels  on them.  He said he needed to label them figuring for the dumbest person that might be using one.

5 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

I talked to a ladder manufacturer once & he said every ladder that left his plant was a potential law suit & that is why then have all those  safety labels  on them.  He said he needed to label them figuring for the dumbest person that might be using one.

Found one 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

And that's the group we need to thin out.  That gene pool is too deep already. Take the labels off, those people need to go.  Lol

• Like 1

I don't think it's a question of stupidity. I think is more an era of laziness. Millennial's are lazy, haven't been taught to do things on their own, and want things done for them and want it done NOW. At least most of them!

Not sure where this thread was supposed to go, but, it's not stupidity that's killing America, it's laziness! 

7 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I don't think it's a question of stupidity. I think is more an era of laziness. Millennial's are lazy, haven't been taught to do things on their own, and want things done for them and want it done NOW. At least most of them!

Not sure where this thread was supposed to go, but, it's not stupidity that's killing America, it's laziness! 

I think that common sense is just gone.  You always know when talking with someone almost right away these days if they have it or not.  There is a lot of smart people around but so many without much common sense as well.  

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I think that common sense is just gone.  You always know when talking with someone almost right away these days if they have it or not.  There is a lot of smart people around but so many without much common sense as well.  

Define "Common Sense"?

14 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It's all about covering ones buttocks and lawsuits for manufactures in todays world.  What amazes me is the 25 second list of possible side effects for medicine commercials but what the actual medicine does is 5 seconds 

Only in this country.. Europe doesn't have warning labels and lawyers aren't allowed to advertise...some thing we should adopt..

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Only in this country.. Europe doesn't have warning labels and lawyers aren't allowed to advertise...some thing we should adopt..

I completely agree that lawyers should not advertise.  But if you are hurt in a hunting accident, call 555-5555!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Mrs is retired , I’d hop into work on one leg if need be .

Anyways the thing to do is see Dr. Summeroff , not Dr. Winteroff , and now I’m getting back on a ladder to,paint, so I’m not supposed to stand on paint tray ?

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rob... said:

Define "Common Sense"?

Writer Mark Steyn summed it up quite well: "Common sense presupposes a common world view."

An increasing number of people, especially younger people, have the view that the world owes them something and that they're simply not responsible for unfortunate outcomes. It's the expectation of 'equality of outcome' rather than 'equality of opportunity'.

• Like 2