2018 cams

sbuff

Bought 2 wildgame at tractor supply for 23$ each. They are out now taking pretty good pics. That brings my cam total to about 10 with dad's few I think I have enough... For now. I'm still a fan of the Bushnell but would consider a Spartan cell cam depending on the price of the Bushnell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If i could swing several reconyx i would. Im sure once i buy one id have to have more. That is how its been with my brownings now for 4 years. Ill stick with Browning until they fail me, i have 5  and they have taken thousands upon thousands of pics each, and run dang near 3/4 of the year. 

• Like 1

tough call on what to buy.  Most of mine have been gifts so i have 5 different ones.  But have had good luck with all of them for the most part.  I would say the bushnells that i have that were cheaper have had to replace after 4-5 years.  But at the price that isnt too bad for a $40 cam.  The PITA on having all different brand cams is trying to remember the setup for each one.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/12/2018 at 8:18 AM, LET EM GROW said:

If i could swing several reconyx i would. Im sure once i buy one id have to have more. That is how its been with my brownings now for 4 years. Ill stick with Browning until they fail me, i have 5  and they have taken thousands upon thousands of pics each, and run dang near 3/4 of the year. 

How are the Browning Micro series? I can't keep track of all the names and numbers of these cameras. Can a person use MP to keep track of the years these cameras came out?

I picked up a Browning Dark Ops Pro, from phade. I  haven't put it out yet, but I'm already thinking about getting another one or two. My first Browning cam. Have heard good things about them. It's pretty much all that phade uses. That's good enough for me.

Got a big bonus check coming in about 2-3 weeks. Thinking I’ll spend a little bit of that on a couple Exodus cams. Maybe try out their newest model the Trek. Buddy of mine has their Lift model and it’s been awesome. Built tough as nails like reconyx but half the price.

11 hours ago, grampy said:

I picked up a Browning Dark Ops Pro, from phade. I  haven't put it out yet, but I'm already thinking about getting another one or two. My first Browning cam. Have heard good things about them. It's pretty much all that phade uses. That's good enough for me.

I  was under the impression Phade liked the Covert brand? Their are a bunch of Coverts on Ebay for something like $50 or their about.

1 hour ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Browning has what I think they called "Zero Blur" technology (Eliminate motion blur on moving animals). Does this feature work on your cams?

it will still blur on a full run animal but 99% are clear. uses 3 different ways to take pics a twilight, dark and full sun. 

• Like 1

My current browning strike force pro is leaking water like a siv. Thankfully still under trail camera pro two year warranty plan . I'll be swapping it out in September for the same model. My 2016 strike force pros have been bullet proof except for the camouflage fading pretty good  from sun exposure. I leave all my cams out year long, they do no good in your house !! Browning fixed a few of the glitches I discovered with the strike force models , if I am not mistaken a software upgrade did it . There customer service and management staff is next to none. 

Edited by sbuff

On 7/13/2018 at 5:31 PM, landtracdeerhunter said:

How are the Browning Micro series? I can't keep track of all the names and numbers of these cameras. Can a person use MP to keep track of the years these cameras came out?

The browning website will show you the models and the years they came out. 

Browning Strike Force is BTC-5, but then the sub models have the markings afterwards (HD, E-Elite, P-Platinum etc..) Dark ops is BTC-6 I believe, Recon Force is BTC-7, and Spec ops is BTC-8 if i remember right. 

These cams are amazing with zero blur, The night time and twilight pics you will find blurry at times with moving animals,  but the daytime pics are normally always crisp and clear, even critters running full speed and birds flying .. They come out very clear. 

Heres a few from this spring that i saved, Not the best examples but. Very satisfied with Browning. 

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...