Boot Suggestions

2 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

They were very warm on the cold days. I sit all day quite often and can't have cold feet, that's why I went with the 1000 gram. I also wear a good wool sock and use the toe warmers on the coldest days if needed.  The high grounds are light weight boots and great for long walks in to the stand or all day still hunting, very comfortable and water proof. Not cheap at around 200 bucks but I wanted a good boot that will last a long time.

Thanks for the input. Heard nothing but good things about Danner.

Muck it and forget it .....

Just remeber there are different insulation values when buying.. 

I use the Artic Pro all season long and when it's cold I use toe warmers I usually  can make it through about any sit..

One thing,  if its cold don’t leave your boots in your truck at night bring them in the house the night before hunting, it seems to really help..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Anyone still wearing the old Mickey Mouse Boots ? 

Except for the warm dry days, I used them thru the last three deer seasons.  They are the best cold weather boots that I have used.   They are extremely warm, waterpoof, comfortable and provide great traction.   The only thing that kept me from trying them earlier is that they are so goofy looking.   

I’d suggest multiple boots to match the conditions. I’ve got uninsulated rubber Lacrosse Alpha Burlys that I like a lot and use from 25 degrees and up. They are also pretty good to hike around in, tight fitting and not clunky. Wearing a mid weight wool sock gets me down to just below freezing with these boots.
5d26c7b25571cd1f42584c586f3939c0.jpg

If it’s dry and above 25 degrees and I have a lot of walking around to do I’ll wear my Cabelas tactical trainer boots. I have two pairs of these boots, I love them. I wear one pair around daily as I’m not a sneaker fan. Very comfy, lightweight and have held up to all sorts of abuse. I use to wear some Danner tactical boots that I loved but they are like $150 more than these cabelas boots. Some guys don’t like the “tactical” boots but I’ve found them to be incredibly comfy and great for hiking or just doing whatever. O and the cabelas boots have gore Tex as well, so no worries about wet grass or shallow creek crossings.
137fae04c4acb2c7d71e74fda7ecd72c.jpg

For working around the house and farm, I have Muck Chore boots. Not a boot you’d want to walk across the mountains in but a great farm work boot. They are insulated a bit so they are awesome in the winter but can be a bit too warm come summer.
176d13727b640ae4db6ea615926019db.jpg

Those are my top 3 that I use the most. I have a older pair of 1000 gram Rocky’s that I use on super cold days or when we ice fish. But it just goes to show that you pretty much need multiple pairs of boots. Need the right tool for the job!