3 guns for the apocalypse

Five Seasons

Guns already in my possession?

As long as I could procure enough handgun ammo; 9mm S&W Shield, either my 12ga Ithaca Model 37 or Benelli SBE and a rifle.  I guess the rifle would be the ULA 7mm-08.......I have plenty of loaded fodder for that and the shotgun (whichever one I choose) to make it through an apocalypse(d) weekend.  After that I'd be plum out of beer, bourbon and probably water.

I guess the upside would be that rob......would feel better that I wasn't chasing him around anymore.  :taunt:

• Like 3

Really I am picking a .22/410 combo 12 gauge and then prob an 30-06 or 308. Ammo is common and can hunt and defend with this group.  No pistol.  I'm not a big pistol guy. If issues are that close that I couldn't solve with the 12 then I'm already in trouble.  Would take a crossbow for quiet hunting before a pistol. A pistol is just a way to get me to a real gun. 

rps20180212_195618.jpg

rps20180212_194437.jpg

rps20180212_194259.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish

I like 22 lr a lot but if I was going to prepare for an apocalypse I think I would take a 22 mag because of the added power and range. It would be able to handle a lot of hunting and is a better defensive round in a pinch. The rifle would be a stainless steel Volquartsen autoloader, bullet proof as far as reliability and it has gilt edge accuracy.

For defense a Springfield M14 type in 308, power and reliability that will take care of both Zombies and non Zombies and some hunting if need be.

Gotta have a shotgun, I like a short barreled Remington 1100 in light 20 ga, another bullet proof firearm that with a wide variety of shells (Slugs, Buck and Bird shot) it would be able to handle both defense and hunting.

And of course cases and cases of ammo.

2018-02-12_180609.png

2018-02-12_180758.png

2018-02-12_181011.png

• Like 1

My 870 12 gauge with lots and lots of buck shot. And of course my lcr  in 38 for  concealed carry for the governors and Negans of the apocalypse . And my 44 super redhawk  just because I love that gun .. and I would have my bow too no doubt ,  for being stealthy when I needed to be.. 

Edited by rob-c

Shorty AR in 5.56

Bolt gun in 308 with 18" heavy barrel

Glock 17

Forgot the why...AR bc im very effective with it, even a 14.5" is a easy 200 yard gun.

Bolt gun for longer range precision taking of zombies.

Glock for when they get extra close. All shoot very common easy to get ammo, and the ar and glock mags are also easy to come by.

Edited by Gencountyzeek

• fasteddie changed the title to 3 guns for the apocalypse