3 guns for the apocalypse

Five Seasons

12 hours ago, Rob... said:

Well, it's not that cut and dried. Zombies, the human body shuts down, and the brain stops working pretty fast, so no need to wast ammo unless you have too, stop watching zombie flicks and think about decay. They will rot out soon enough. An ET invasion, if creatures from space have the tech to get here and want to take over, not much your 9MM or 30.06 will do. If nuclear, you can carry any weapon you like, won't do much good, the water sources near by will be contaminated ( too many people forget about the "fall-out" ) , so any animals drinking from it can't be eaten.

Now, it's the big one from the "Book Of Revelations", just bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye and hope you were a good person.

As for a war of people in the USA, think lightweight, light weapon and much ammo as you can carry , and learn some bushcraft skills. Driving your 3,000 ft camper into the Catskills or ADKs won't last long.

you must be a blast at parties 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

check out all the youtube videos on PVC bows, pretty cool stuff

Yeah but I want to make one of those fancy pretty hickory ones or laminate my own wood like some ash, rosewood, purpleheart, black walnut combination. I think that would be really nice, maybe only in the riser but leave the limbs a solid single wood.

13 hours ago, Rob... said:

As for a war of people in the USA, think lightweight, light weapon and much ammo as you can carry , and learn some bushcraft skills. Driving your 3,000 ft camper into the Catskills or ADKs won't last long.

Yeah I think everyone on the outskirts of the ADK 's are thinking the same thing, find your way deep into the park and just stay there for lifetimes isn't going to last long when a lot of people will be doing the same thing.

Just last night had me thinking with all the rain with no power and the sump pump in my basement that I am going to need some sort of back up for. It only raised a 1/2" in 2 hours so it wasn't bad but the basement leaks a little so things need to be addressed. 

Edited by chas0218

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

Yeah but I want to make one of those fancy pretty hickory ones or laminate my own wood like some ash, rosewood, purpleheart, black walnut combination. I think that would be really nice, maybe only in the riser but leave the limbs a solid single wood.

My boss lives next to the orchard park country club, the street is lined with Osage Orange trees. I always think about grabbing a few limbs lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

Yeah I think everyone on the outskirts of the ADK 's are thinking the same thing, find your way deep into the park and just stay there for lifetimes isn't going to last long when a lot of people will be doing the same thing.

Just last night had me thinking with all the rain with no power and the sump pump in my basement that I am going to need some sort of back up for. It only raised a 1/2" in 2 hours so it wasn't bad but the basement leaks a little so things need to be addressed. 

Get a water backup system, its not too expensive and there wont be a battery beeping in your basement for all of eternity

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Get a water backup system, its not too expensive and there wont be a battery beeping in your basement for all of eternity

Thanks for the heads up basically a water hammer pump, not a bad idea at all. Betting longevity is a lot longer too.

My house is on a hill, I'm really considering renting an excavator and digging a trench and installing a gravity drain to the ditch out front of my house.

Edited by chas0218