17 killed in shooting at high school in Parkland, Florida, authorities say

So where do you go to find out who should own a gun or not? The easiest place to get that info from is your doctor. You need meds for depression or anxiety they have the answer. We all go for yearly physicals if your eye sight is shot they have the answer. 

We talk to our doctors........they will have the answers on who owns a gun or not in the future.....

13 hours ago, First-light said:

So where do you go to find out who should own a gun or not? The easiest place to get that info from is your doctor. You need meds for depression or anxiety they have the answer. We all go for yearly physicals if your eye sight is shot they have the answer. 

We talk to our doctors........they will have the answers on who owns a gun or not in the future.....

Who gets to assign those doctors, or academics, or anyone else who will then judge someone as mentally unfit to own a firearm? There are many people in those professions who consider even the desire to own a gun a mental illness. How do we deal with that reality?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, First-light said:

No, I couldn't agree with this.  I could agree to doctors being able to enter names of people with histories of mental problems into the NICS system, but no way doctors should be able to make final decision on who should or shouldn't own a gun for everyone.  Why would anyone think doctors are so infallible and know everything?  Thank goodness I've been healthy my whole life and I myself try to avoid doctors as much as possible so why should he be the one making final decisions on whether or not I should own a gun?

Medical Professionals do not have any Constitutional authority to remove anyone's rights.  Perhaps they could be encouraged to take their findings to the authorities and have a court review their opinions through legal due process, but that is about all that would be Constitutional.

This is a perfect example of why the NICS system could be used to abuse people's rights.  That's why anti-gun people want to make it required for ANY gun transfer.  Once they achieve that objective, they will begin to add all sorts of criteria that will justify a denial, none of which will allow for due process prior to removing your rights.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, steve863 said:

No, I couldn't agree with this.  I could agree to doctors being able to enter names of people with histories of mental problems into the NICS system, but no way doctors should be able to make final decision on who should or shouldn't own a gun for everyone.  Why would anyone think doctors are so infallible and know everything?  Thank goodness I've been healthy my whole life and I myself try to avoid doctors as much as possible so why should he be the one making final decisions on whether or not I should own a gun?

Not saying a doctor has the right but the information about you goes into the system and the authorities will decide. 

On 2/16/2018 at 6:16 PM, vcollaco said:

The founding fathers didn’t have these in mind when they wrote the second amendment. If we had them running the government today instead of the corrupt, money hungry puppets of the NRA, they’d take action as they had to Back then.

So instead of crying fake news and blaming leftists, victims and making excuses, what are you actually willing to give up besides the lives of babies? You don’t want legislation, taxes, healthcare, laws... 

Propose some solutions. Be rational. Stop solely watching Fox News. 

The Founding Fathers argument is the dumbest that the Left uses.  They knew exactly what they were doing. They just came out of oppression and set it up so it wouldn't happen again. I am sure they didn't envision the internet either. Should that not fall under the first amendment?

Babies? Let me take a wild stab at your view of abortioin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

how about Remington 7400, Winchester 100, Browning BAR?

Throw in knives while we are it:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-school-stabbing-suspect-kitchen-knives-cops/story?id=23253018

It is interesting that we never heard about this attack to the same extent we do when guns are involved. Sure, no one died; blind luck combined with the guys slight stature probably , but here again we have a case of a mental kid who tried to mass murder his school mates. The media and the left does not care about mental illness in society.

Edited by Papist

Gun control is a moral crusade against a benighted, barbaric citizenry. This is demonstrated not only by the ineffectualness of gun control in preventing crime, and by the fact that it focuses on restricting the behavior of the law-abiding rather than apprehending and punishing the guilty, but also by the execration that gun control proponents heap on gun owners and their evil instrumentality, the NRA.

http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html

Edited by Rattler

4 hours ago, First-light said:
5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

SO you are for banning AR's?

Yeah I am. 

Banning AR's is not the answer. What would happen if there was a ban? There are MILLIONS privately owned in the US and at the average cost of $1000 a piece owners are not going to be very willing to give them up. If they don't willingly give them up what comes next...confiscation?

Outside of NY the AR is one of the most popular guns used for coyote and varmint hunting because of it's accuracy and efficiency. If a ban is imposed it will only be a matter of time before the government starts banning other types of weapons.

This particular rifle (the Ruger Mini 14) can do exactly the same thing as an AR, just as fast,  and it has NO restrictions on it whatsoever.

I would be willing to bet that the next step will be to put it on a ballot in some manner where the general public will vote on whether or not we are able to own a AR or any other kind of weapon for that matter.

As sad as the situation is we need to stop letting our emotions dictate our decisions or in the future we will all be bow or spear hunting.  Would you want your legal right put on a ballot so everyone could vote on your right to own a particular gun?

ruger.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, First-light said:

Nope just Ar 15 there is logic behind it. 

not sure what your logic is, but here's mine.....for your average normal person, an AR is just another gun, for the wacko it's a means of destruction..no thought just shoot away, don't have to be a gun person or marksmen at all. Personally, and I'm sure for a lot of gun people, we could cause the same amount of damage with a Ruger 10/22 and a few magazines or any other number of guns...sounds odd, but probably pretty accurate.