Wine and Booze - aka Saving the Beer thread

Jdubs

• 2 weeks later...

CHEERS SODFATHER!!

We are in the process of another batch.  Squeezed them last Sunday, going to press and put in the barrel this Sunday.  Then we wait two years!!

2019 was just bottled and it is pretty good.  Still pondering our label design, but this vintage will be named Covino-19 in honor of the recent pandemic.    My suggestion that the lettering be in Chinese type with a picture of a bat was vetoed. 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Caymus is legendary, at $90 a bottle, it better be!  

Wine.com had a $30 off coupon so I used them and had them delivered to my door. Otherwise I usually like to support the local wine shops. I don’t really drink wine in spring or summer so when I do I usually drink something decent especially for
Holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I stick mostly to my homemade.  It’s hard for me to buy a bottle when I have 90 gallons of it fermenting in the basement.  But I do like to try different wines on occasion and when going out to eat.  The Josh we had Sunday was a gift from our neighbors over for dinner.  We drank that, plus a bottle and a half of homemade.  Fun night!   I would guess that bottle of Caymus would be $250 in a restaurant.  

Enjoy it, I’m sure it will be excellent! 

• Like 3

I stick mostly to my homemade.  It’s hard for me to buy a bottle when I have 90 gallons of it fermenting in the basement.  But I do like to try different wines on occasion and when going out to eat.  The Josh we had Sunday was a gift from our neighbors over for dinner.  We drank that, plus a bottle and a half of homemade.  Fun night!   I would guess that bottle of Caymus would be $250 in a restaurant.  

If you can ever find Juan Gil 2012 or 2013 it’s one of my favorites for cheap. Used to Be under $15/bottle. Really dark red from Spain but amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Josh is a great wine for the price I drink it fairly regularly. I would love to try a home made wine. I plan on setting up a little Still this spring maybe I’ll
Make some so I can make some brandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Josh is a great wine for the price I drink it fairly regularly. I would love to try a home made wine. I plan on setting up a little Still this spring maybe I’ll
Make some so I can make some brandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a friend that took our squeezed grape skins after pressing and made Grappa with it in his homemade still.  I never tried to hold a lit flame next to it, but I am sure it would have exploded.  Definitely an acquired taste.  

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...