Wine and Booze - aka Saving the Beer thread

Jdubs

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Seems as if Weller , pappy and Blantons all distilled at Makers mark in Frankfort , Kentucky 3 hours from Nashville. Something I have to look into headed to Nashville. I’d buy some for me and some to flip. 

Blanton's and Pappy are distilled by Buffalo Trace in Frankfort..    Many of the distilleries are in a 20 mile radius, so easy to hit a few in a day (with dd of course).   Fun to tour.   There are a lot of "craft" distilleries as well, many of which have nice restaurants as well.   I enjoyed touring the smaller places better, as you got a better view into the process and they also seemed more liberal in the tasting as well.   Can't go wrong either way..   Nice area and people are super friendly.

One other thing..   Schedule tours way ahead of time, especially due to Covid group sizes are smaller.  Scheduling a month out will ensure you can book times that work for you.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Seems as if Weller , pappy and Blantons all distilled at Makers mark in Frankfort , Kentucky 3 hours from Nashville. Something I have to look into headed to Nashville. I’d buy some for me and some to flip. 

You can’t buy any Pappy or pretty much anything rare or collectible, at the distillery or their shops .

• Like 2

On a side note our daughter was auditing a construction firms books , after which they asked if she wanted to try some bourbon, I guess a Friday afternoon tradition there .

They got a bottle out of a safe …. They said the bottles in the safe were worth more then many peoples houses .

Of course she doesn’t even know what she has wtf 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lots of Pappy's are fake. Be aware.

True, that’s why the empty bottles bring $$.

There’s a restaurant here that my buddy always gets a shot of Pappy with his dinner, I don’t see how that’s possible that they always have it .

I’ll lean on my nephew when I’m down there, he’s had it often , runs with a crowd well above my level . Translation, I’ll beg him ….

28 minutes ago, Nomad said:

True, that’s why the empty bottles bring $$.

There’s a restaurant here that my buddy always gets a shot of Pappy with his dinner, I don’t see how that’s possible that they always have it .

I’ll lean on my nephew when I’m down there, he’s had it often , runs with a crowd well above my level . Translation, I’ll beg him ….

Yea, I'm not into that stuff. I'm a beer and wine guy. Rum or vodka on a beach or vacation. But have friends who are into it. There was an actually an article recently about the fakes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/06/dining/drinks/fake-bourbon.html

On 1/22/2022 at 12:46 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

You all need to watch episode three of Heist on Netflix about the Pappy heist a few years ago, interesting stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you meant to start that off with a “Y’all”…….you would have driven hope your message with some enthusiasm.   

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I’m capping my day off with a glass of Kilchoman Machir Bay. I don’t know that you’ll find a nicer bottle of Islay scotch for twice the $50 that this guy brings. I always have a bottle on hand, and at that price, I don’t feel a bit bad about drinking it. 

0CFE3E68-C2FD-4F0C-8FDD-8026373A6F6B.jpeg

AB4CF218-0AD1-4C18-BEE2-96F485490DB3.jpeg

• Like 1