Wine and Booze - aka Saving the Beer thread

Jdubs

1 hour ago, JRod 8G8H said:

My family is from Palermo.. A couple generations ago now as I'm 30 yrs old and my grandparents are 93 and 87. I've always said I would do my own wine, I think your tradition there has inspired me!!

My great grandmother and grandfather were from Palermo.  He was a Cabinieri (policeman) They eloped in 1905 or so to NYC.  When the boat docked her brothers were on the dock waiting for her and then beat the heck out of her.  It was not an approved or arranged marriage.  It must have worked out because I am here.  I have her oak kitchen table in my house, I refinished it when I got married. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Otto said:

My great grandmother and grandfather were from Palermo.  He was a Cabinieri (policeman) They eloped in 1905 or so to NYC.  When the boat docked her brothers were on the dock waiting for her and then beat the heck out of her.  It was not an approved or arranged marriage.  It must have worked out because I am here.  I have her oak kitchen table in my house, I refinished it when I got married. 

I think that's great. My grandparents ended up in WNY because there was work here. My grandma's family is Genovese which also influenced them to move to WNY and away from the stereotypes.

It's amazing to see you doing wine like that, look at all the other forum members admiring your hard work... I can remember my uncles bringing their jugs of wine over, I'm sure a lot of other members on here can remember that too!!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Movie night. acfed10ffa3393b168dc1b122a280e76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I by no means mean to derail this thread, but I have to ask. Where can you still rent a DVD in the actual box?

Round here it's either Netflix with the subscription and they come in those paper sleeves, or Red Box which comes in the plastic sleeve/case.

5 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I by no means mean to derail this thread, but I have to ask. Where can you still rent a DVD in the actual box?

Round here it's either Netflix with the subscription and they come in those paper sleeves, or Red Box which comes in the plastic sleeve/case.

Public library for free. Special requests that come in from another library such as new releases cost a dollar. Have for a week. Can renew online for another week. You hold , request etc on computer. Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Public library for free. Special requests that come in from another library such as new releases cost a dollar. Have for a week. Can renew online for another week. You hold , request etc on computer. Easy peasy. 

I always forget libraries rent movies. Thanks for reminding me TF.  Again, I didn't meat to interrupt the scheduled buzzez, was curious. Carry on...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Otto said:

The 19 crimes is an easy drinker for sure.  Goes with everything, or even alone. 

Paired well with 5 guys burgers n fries last night lol    Have you installed the free app "Talking wine?"  The camera on your smartphone makes the bottle talk when you hold it up over the guys face   And each cork has 1 of the 19 crimes listed on it  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Likable stuff, isn’t it??

Finished tonight........

image.jpg

The guy on the bottle looks like my Uncle Herbie...

He was arrested 19  times.....Once for public intoxication and 18 times for lewd and lascivious behavior....

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Paired well with 5 guys burgers n fries last night lol    Have you installed the free app "Talking wine?"  The camera on your smartphone makes the bottle talk when you hold it up over the guys face   And each cork has 1 of the 19 crimes listed on it  

No, I have not heard that.  That’s hilarious! 

The guy on the bottle looks like my Uncle Herbie...
He was arrested 19  times.....Once for public intoxication and 18 times for lewd and lascivious behavior....
download the app and it animates the bottle and tells their story

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

It comes with a free case of the Black Plague !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already had that this winter for about six weeks, so hopefully I am immune....leave the back door unlocked for me...<<grin>>.....

BTW, is your WIFE good looking  ??   Oh never mind...I'm not that fussy....Hehehe...

• Like 2