Wine and Booze - aka Saving the Beer thread

Jdubs

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, what  a great hunting forum.  I'm a recent joiner but you're hitting my hobbies.  Now where's the cigar forum?  

I grew up in house that had a wine cellar.  There was five boys in my family and we were all into sports.  We could miss dinner Mon-Sat.  However Sunday dinner was mandatory a$$ in seat.  But as an enticement wine was serve with dinner.  Very good wine.  We all got schooled and quizzed from an early age.  I guess dad thought it would give us culture.  All my brothers moved away but right up until his death, I had every Sunday dinner with dad....with wine.  Dad was 93 when he passed.  In his will my brothers and I were to get together and drink down his collection.  We did and split the rest.  I got the bottle of Lafite Rothschild.  I will never drink it.  That will go to my children on my death

Dad was mostly into Bordeaux Grand Cru and German Kabinett wines  but we did sneak in some Italian.  When my oldest brother retired he moved to Bordeaux he bought an old winery and turn it into his house.  Sadly the big C took him but his wife still lives there.  The cellar there has several hundred bottles he collected.  Every time he visited he would bring me something nice you couldn't get in the States.  I now have quite a collection myself but I only drink these wines for special occasions or with my brothers

One of my regrets is I never visited him there when he was alive.  I retire in 14 months.  Then I will travel to France to see SIL.  My brother told me I have open access to his cellar.  I'll arrived with corkscrew in hand and will be drinking several toast to him.  And will likely cry a bit too.  Wine for me has unique overtures of family

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

Ha, what  a great hunting forum.  I'm a recent joiner but you're hitting my hobbies.  Now where's the cigar forum?  

I grew up in house that had a wine cellar.  There was five boys in my family and we were all into sports.  We could miss dinner Mon-Sat.  However Sunday dinner was mandatory a$$ in seat.  But as an enticement wine was serve with dinner.  Very good wine.  We all got schooled and quizzed from an early age.  I guess dad thought it would give us culture.  All my brothers moved away but right up until his death, I had every Sunday dinner with dad....with wine.  Dad was 93 when he passed.  In his will my brothers and I were to get together and drink down his collection.  We did and split the rest.  I got the bottle of Lafite Rothschild.  I will never drink it.  That will go to my children on my death

Dad was mostly into Bordeaux Grand Cru and German Kabinett wines  but we did sneak in some Italian.  When my oldest brother retired he moved to Bordeaux he bought an old winery and turn it into his house.  Sadly the big C took him but his wife still lives there.  The cellar there has several hundred bottles he collected.  Every time he visited he would bring me something nice you couldn't get in the States.  I now have quite a collection myself but I only drink these wines for special occasions or with my brothers

One of my regrets is I never visited him there when he was alive.  I retire in 14 months.  Then I will travel to France to see SIL.  My brother told me I have open access to his cellar.  I'll arrived with corkscrew in hand and will be drinking several toast to him.  And will likely cry a bit too.  Wine for me has unique overtures of family

Welcome aboard!  Here's a thread about stogies:

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/51557-stogies/?tab=comments#comment-784225

51 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

Shortly after you joined I thought possibly you were our despised (by some, not all) and banned former member Stormy.  I can say now, after reading the above quoted post that you most definitely are NOT Stormy. :) 

Welcome!

Edited by Lawdwaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, TACC said:

What is the name of that drink?

Are the pickles dill? And are they soaking in moonshine?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bloody ceaser. Pickles soaking in shine  ( dill )!are a stirring garnish until done. Then eat em 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

Hurting real bad today. Did a zoom party with some of my college friends last night. Drank over half a bottle of makers 46. Apparently it was too much for the old chef. Wife said I went to sleep on the bathroom floor last night. I didn’t puke which is a good thing.

Guess the tolerance isn’t what it used to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1