King cutter ATV disc

There are 45 pages in this category could you give me a link I went through three pages and gave up...

What Im looking to do is plow about a 1/4 acre food plot with my tractor and disc with the king cutter on the back of my ATV and also do three other plots that my tractor can’t acces because of wet and wooded conditions.

From videos that I have watched it looks like it can work well,,  I don’t mind spending the money as it will most likely last me as long as I will have a use for it, I have seen the single row disc but want a two row..

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader

1 hour ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Well I bought this one,, its a DR and is exactly the same as as the king cutter other than the color and price as far as I can tell..

Paid $499.00 and had shipped to a local shipping depot near my house for free., which saved $99.00

B2FD111B-BB35-4125-86BB-38B7ACD5AD47.png

How much was the king Kutter brand?

What ATV do you have?

MY honda 2017 honda rancher has too fast a 1st gear to use one of those.  I use a spring harrow.   Also, with the gear speed. Your automatic clutch needs to be fully engaged at the speed your doing.  Otherwise, your going to be slipping the clutch, beating it up, and roasting the oil and adding alot of clutch material in the oil.  I know a few folks who change their oil after using their discs for the season.

1/4 acre plot is not large.  You could always put some large bolts into a tractor trailer tire and drag for a soil bed.

What you plant may or may not require much soil work.   Wheat, Rye, Oats, and clovers can be done without a deep till.

A 4ft drag harrow is not a bad choice either.

13 hours ago, sailinghudson25 said:

What ATV do you have?

MY honda 2017 honda rancher has too fast a 1st gear to use one of those.  I use a spring harrow.   Also, with the gear speed. Your automatic clutch needs to be fully engaged at the speed your doing.  Otherwise, your going to be slipping the clutch, beating it up, and roasting the oil and adding alot of clutch material in the oil.  I know a few folks who change their oil after using their discs for the season.

1/4 acre plot is not large.  You could always put some large bolts into a tractor trailer tire and drag for a soil bed.

What you plant may or may not require much soil work.   Wheat, Rye, Oats, and clovers can be done without a deep till.

A 4ft drag harrow is not a bad choice either.

This isn’t your typical Polaris model ot was only made two years and doesn’t have the typical centrifugal clutch set up that the normal Polaris does ,, it has a internal clutch with gears..

2D94D06A-52A1-488B-8C77-FB79F6883703.jpeg

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader
Big thumbs bad eyes

Used the harrow today and works well, definitely needs some weight added to it but will do exactly what I want it to do...

May get a chance to head back up to camp tomorrow with some weight if I do, will take some pics .

Where do you guys buy 13-13-13 fertilizer?? Is it to early or a seasonal thing ...

I added 4 - 60 pound tubes of sand to the harrow and it made a night and day difference,, my 4 wheeler worked but isn’t a issue pulling it...

Im not looking to fertilize now was just looking to purchase while I have some cash...

At thos point I am just playing around seeing how this will work for me and it will be just great, I’m going to do white clover mixed with “last bite” which has clover, brassica, winter wheat and something else I can’t remember,, also doing some pumkin patches on either side of property..

i will post some pics as I go in the future..

• Like 1