Daytona 500

Lawdwaz

Who’s watching??

I planned things this weekend so I’d be free to watch it.  No biggie if I missed it as it can sure be boring but it also can be very exciting.  Weird without Little E in the race but he just did the command to start engines and did a nice job. :)

The DVR can record things if I get sleepy......

• Like 1

Dale was great calling it. I came in to get out of the sun for awhile and cool off but we're cooking out by the beach later so I'll miss the end, not as fun without Dale. Larry I just youtubed the Pepsi 400 race the Dale Jr won on his first race at Daytona since sr passed, what a great ending that was!

• Like 1

I was a big fan back in the day when Nascar actually raced stock cars, a stripped down hopped up version of something that could be bought off the showroom floor with a roll cage installed and the windows taken out. When they went to the generic cars I lost all interest.:negative:

Al

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Well we can wait for her ride at Indy for one last chance.......

That race she actually needs to qualify for, no given or token starting spot. Did I miss it, didn't see Aaron Rogers hanging around her garage/pit...!?!

I really wanted to see her succeed, so no offense meant for Danica or her fans, but she was retained because she brought in sponsorship funding. So she was kept around until it dried up. When a major sponsor spends ~$35M/yr, it wants to see their advertising efforts displayed on TV, preferably in the top 10 finishers and not among the causalities.

Edited by nyslowhand

43 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

That race she actually needs to qualify for, no given or token starting spot. Did I miss it, didn't see Aaron Rogers hanging around her garage/pit...!?!

HMMMMMM...I might develop an interest in Nascar if I could hang around in Danica's pit every now and then...

I never got into NASCAR . My daughter and son in law were ito it and went to races in Daytona , Dover and a couple other places . They named their 1st born son Timothy Richmond ( 1st and middle name ) . At 4 years old he could tell you who drove what number car or if you gave him a car number , he could tell you who drove it . They had two dogs named Charlotte and Bristol  . Luckily they didn'y have a 3rd dog or they might have named it Talladega ! :rolleyes:

When I was a mod on the Down South Hunting Site ( not active any more ) , we did the Fantasy NASCAR and I was the Champion for two different years . Whoopie ! 

NASCAR4 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1