Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  a loaner hand arrived at the office for me, a couple of days ago.  OttoBock is such a down to earth company who is in business for the right reasons! They shipped a hand to me from Vienna, Germany to use, while they figure out a price qoute to repair mine.  

In the meantime,  I am using my spare "work arm" for fulltime use, with an old school ILimb hand.  

Still awaiting repair qoute

Edited by Bionic
Spelling
  • Like 6

No sir, between the 2 nor' easters I haven'tbeen able to visit the office.  I work for a municipality, as you may have read, so I work very long hours with snow.   I am still waiting for a price repair qoute.  I wish this thread was more eventful, but it as exciting as it can be at the moment.  I really enjoy the curiosity,  means a lot.  I will however be creating a youtube channel in the spring that shows how I do things on a weekly basis.  It may sound corny, but I want to give it a go.  I operate backhoes, excavators, zero turn mowers, etc etc, 4 wheelers, and power tools.  I feel it would interest people, even if it is only for "oooh, and ahhh's".  I could always post video links.  I am so serious about it, that I have a mini action camera awaiting better weather, along with forehead strap mounts, and wrist mounts, even dashboard mounts for the camera.

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Any update ? 

No sir, between the 2 nor' easters I haven't been able to visit the office.  I work for a municipality, as you may have read, so I work very long hours with snow.   I am still waiting for a price repair qoute.  I wish this thread was more eventful, but it as exciting as it can be at the moment.  I really enjoy the curiosity,  means a lot.  I will however be creating a youtube channel in the spring that shows how I do things on a weekly basis.  It may sound corny, but I want to give it a go.  I operate backhoes, excavators, zero turn mowers, etc etc, 4 wheelers, and power tools.  I feel it would interest people, even if it is only for "oooh, and ahhh's".  I could always post video links.  I am so serious about it, that I have a mini action camera awaiting better weather, along with forehead strap mounts, and wrist mounts, even dashboard mounts for the camera.

• Like 2

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

Yes. Been seeing the weather has not been kind to you lately. 

Youtube channel is a great idea. Look how you’ve informed all of us. YouTube would inform / educate soooo many people. Good on you. 

Thank you sir! Its nice to know its not a corny idea.  I have researched youtube a bit, and some very young people with related channels are misinforming viewers, it honestly maddens me.  They talk crap to make themselves look like superstars, and that is not what this should be about! I do it, because I have talked with soldiers who've been through the unimaginable,  and the motorcyclists who've been in head on collisions! To those who've had blood diseases, and so on.  I do it for nothing.  I should be well off for what i have done, and thats not what i care about.  So to see youtubers talking about how their "entry level" hands are the most advanced, pisses me off.  They are in it to look badass, and for the wrong reasons.   I want to show new amputees that they CAN live a normal life like the used too!  I have tried ever available myoelectric available, honestly!  I have worked with the engineers of these hands being developed because my arm doctor considers me a "super user" and a "star",  I just want amputees to know the truth, I am ranting nlw, and losing focus, so I will end this here.

2 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

I've gotten into watching all kinds of stuff on YouTube this winter.  I think it would be interesting.  It think that shooting a bow and running a chainsaw with your prosthetic arm/hand is pretty badass.  What do you run for a saw, by the way?

I personally own a small stihl ms250, but at work, and at my dads, i run in the upper 3xx's.

Keep in mind all the leverage weight from only having 3" past my elbow.

I have bow videos, i should try to post them.

16 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Jeez. I know how I get waiting for "things". Can't imagine waiting on an HAND !!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hear ya, but when I finally get the new hand, it is like getting a new car, haha.  Same level of excitement. 

57 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

He did it single handedly

(I couldn't resist Bionic, because I think you've got a sense of humor!)

Hah, im just kidding! Thats pretty good :rofl:

I definitely can joke about it, no sense in making it uncomfortable, because people initally are already unsure how to act

• Like 1