Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Well played....but it is dangerous when the printer messes up your kids uniform and leaves OUT the L
c93abdc5407982fbff34eac7d9cfeb57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no lol! Is that really your kid's uniform?

Glad you followed...

I have twin boys on the same team so they each had their first initial in front of the last name.

That was his 11 year old jersey and when he saw he it he said,”F no! I ain’t wearing it!” I wanted to keep it and make the kid who made the most errors wear it to the next game!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grampy said:

How is the new hand working for you buddy? I've never heard you complain at all. And you are always doing something, along with a full time job. You are such an inspiration! And you have my utmost respect sir.

Wow, that is very nice of you, while I do not speak of it for a reaction, I do truly appreciate the kinds words! Unfortunately,  I fell on the hand pictured during the winter, and sheared off the main gear, and finger guides inside.  Health insurance only wants you to have one prosthetic device, well they do not realize that I work.  I do not work at a desk.  I am very labor intensive, and my body takes a beating.  I work for a parks, and recreation department for a township, a lot of hand work, and what not.  Point is, I really need a hand for work, and an arm for after work.  The work arm gets damaged, nicked, and abused, so it is nice to be presentable after work with a seperate nice arm.   It is really no different than work boots, and a seperate pair of boots for non-work use.  Anyways, the handed needed repair, so at this point I cannot submit approval through insurance for a full new arm, and hand.  Reason is, if we just fixed your current arm, why do you NEED a complete separate new arm...they just do not understand.  The arm pictured is 6yrs old, which is old in my arm years, since they get USED.  I do EVERYTHING but monkey bars...which is why I recently started an Instagram account.  I do not like social media, bit I do like inspiring people who have lost limbs, and so on.  To answer your question,  the arm is now fixed,  and operating wonderfully, and I am so happy to have it back.  I am a huge critic about prosthetics,  because if it is crap, it is of no use, and it benefits no one, so why sugarcoat?   So yes, I never complain,  no one will hand me anything, or do it for me for free.  If that was even a possibility,  I wouldn't want it! I enjoy surprising people with what I can do, besides, I was born like this, I have it simple compared to those who have lost a lumb throughout life.

Sidenote, I shoot compound bow for the challenge,  and the wow affect.  I did harvest a deer with it, and was so proud of it.  If I get a big buck with it, I might just sell the bow, lol.  I operate backhoes , excavators,  plow snow, and so on, and so on.  Anythings possible, you are truly you're own worst enemy 

I really do appreciate the kind words, all I want to do is show true amputees that life goes on, and that anything is possible.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Wow, that is very nice of you, while I do not speak of it for a reaction, I do truly appreciate the kinds words! Unfortunately,  I fell on the hand pictured during the winter, and sheared off the main gear, and finger guides inside.  Health insurance only wants you to have obe prosthetic device, well they do not realize that I work.  I do not work at a desk.  I am very labor intensive, and my body takes a beating.  I work for a parks, and recreation department for a township, a lot of hand work, and what not.  Point is, I really need a hand for work, and an arm for after work.  The work arm gets damaged, nicked, and abused, so it is nice to be presentable after work with a seperate nice arm.   It is really no different than work boots, and a seperate pair of boots for non-work use.  Anyways, the handed needed repair, so at this point I cannot submit approval through insurance for a full new arm, and hand.  Reason is, if we just fixed your current arm, why do you NEED a complete separate new arm...they just do not understand.  The arm pictured is 6yrs old, which is old in my arm years, since they get USED.  I do EVERYTHING but monkey bars...which is why I recently started an Instagram account.  I do not like social media, bit I do like inspiring people who have lost limbs, and so on.  To answer your question,  the arm os now fixed,  and operating wonderfully, and I am so happy to have it back.  I am a hige critic about prosthetics,  because if it is crap, ot is of no use, and it benefits no one, so why sugarcoat?   So yes, I never complain,  no one will hand me anything, or do it for me for free.  If that was even a possibility,  I wouldn't want it! I enjoy surprising people with what I can do, besides, I was born like this, I have it simple compared to those who have lost a lumb throughout life.

Sidenote, I shoot compound bow for the challenge,  and the wow affect.  I did harvest a deer with it, and was so proud of it.  If I get a big buck with it, I might just sell the bow, lol.  I operate backhoes , excavators,  plow snow, and so on, and so on.  Anythings possible, you are truly you're own worst enemy 

I really do appreciate the kind qords, all I want to do is show true amputees that lofe goes on, and that anything is possible.

Here's to you Bionic!:drinks:

Sure wish someone in that insurance company would read your words.

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Here's to you Bionic!:drinks:

Sure wish someone in that insurance company would read your words.

Thank you!

I often think the same thing.  It is amazing what insurance companies will cover for dirtbag druggies,  but for arm devices I utilize to earn a living, they jerk folks like me around.

You just shake your head, and are left no choice but to NOT hang the phone up until you are approved!

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Truly an awesome story...no life. Can’t make that story up!

Feel like you need to add a new pic to bump my boys jersey off your front page!!!

Hmmmm, we might be able to try that!

Really would like to make a video of me shooting the bow tomorrow though.   Hmmm

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Awesome! Way to go buddy! I can't wait to see you smiling ear to ear, in a picture with your bow buck this fall! Nice shooting too! You truly are an inspiration to all.

I hope you are right! I did not get a chance at a deer this past year, way over 100 hrs of treestand time.  I am not a good scouter,  and it just does not come easy for me to figure out deer movement,  but I do truly put my time in.

Thanks for the kind words, I post this stuff since I know it is not the everyday norm...

Glad you enjoy. 

46 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I hope you are right! I did not get a chance at a deer this past year, way over 100 hrs of treestand time.  I am not a good scouter,  and it just does not come easy for me to figure out deer movement,  but I do truly put my time in.

Thanks for the kind words, I post this stuff since I know it is not the everyday norm...

Glad you enjoy. 

PM sent.

If there is anythng I can do to help, I'm all in.

Lots of really good bowhunters and info, right here on this forum, to draw from. 

You got this! 

This is your year!

• Like 1

Glad you enjoy. 

Looking good- are you southern tier too?

• 3 months later...

As some of you know, I created an Instagram page a few months ago to show what can be done with a prosthetic arm, instead of the sane old pouring a glass of water, etc.  I also was disgusted seeing false info spread on Youtube of people who were looking as if they just thought they were cool.  I don't like when false info is given when it comes to these prosthetics,  it benefits nobody! 

As I was saying, I decided to start my own Instagram page showing what I do with my different prosthetics, on a somewhat daily basis, simply to inspire others.  

This morning I was contacted by a very large company in whom is the manufacturer of some of my devices.  A marketer noticed my page, and started following it.  I had no idea who this person was, but she messaged me asking to speak on the phone.  It turns out she offered me to become an ambassador for the company.  They are offering to fly me out to Austin, Texas to video interview me, do a photoshoot, and perform tasks with the prosthetics.  This is exciting, and shocking to me.  I do not have a Facebook,  and have never been a social media type of person.  In fact, this hunting forum is as far into social media, that I ever really got.   I figured I would share this since this could potentially be life changing,  and you guys seemed very interested when I started this thread.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you TF, I am honestly blown away that I was noticed....but I really wanted to share with those who have followed this thread.  I know you were especially always very interested,  and I appreciate that.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

What’s for dinner thread from Austin won’t be salads. Bbq or Mexican Supposed to be a fun city. If time allows check out San Antonio which the river walk is supposed to be super cool. And the real tc already confirmed that the Alamo has no basement with peewees bike hiding in it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What’s for dinner thread from Austin won’t be salads. Bbq or Mexican Supposed to be a fun city. If time allows check out San Antonio which the river walk is supposed to be super cool. And the real tc already confirmed that the Alamo has no basement with peewees bike hiding in it.

It sure wont have salads lol.  I want Mexican food, already been thinking about that!  

Also, I forgot to add, that I have never been on a plane of any sort.  This is huge for me.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

First of, ambassador ... I think it would be very inspiring to see you do what you love, meaning a trip to the tecomante ranch where you arrow a 200" whitetail. All expenses paid. Seriously ! Then go visit the guys at Heli hunter and shoot some pigs from a chopper. Hunters with prosthetics may be a minority compared to those that pour glasses of water, but dang it that would be seriously inspiring to plenty of those with and without !

Either way, what a tremendous opportunity for you man, congrats. Ambassador. (Has a nice ring to it !)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Couple good restaurants along SA's river walk......

Have a fun trip.

Edited by Dinsdale

2 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

First of, ambassador ... I think it would be very inspiring to see you do what you love, meaning a trip to the tecomante ranch where you arrow a 200" whitetail. All expenses paid. Seriously ! Then go visit the guys at Heli hunter and shoot some pigs from a chopper. Hunters with prosthetics may be a minority compared to those that pour glasses of water, but dang it that would be seriously inspiring to plenty of those with and without !

Either way, what a tremendous opportunity for you man, congrats. Ambassador. (Has a nice ring to it !)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That is an absolute dream and a half of mine to go on a crazy hunt.  I want to hunt bull moose in the yukon, badly!  Not greedy though, but fun to imagine.  Thanks Treeguy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

As some of you know, I created an Instagram page a few months ago to show what can be done with a prosthetic arm, instead of the sane old pouring a glass of water, etc.  I also was disgusted seeing false info spread on Youtube of people who were looking as if they just thought they were cool.  I don't like when false info is given when it comes to these prosthetics,  it benefits nobody! 

As I was saying, I decided to start my own Instagram page showing what I do with my different prosthetics, on a somewhat daily basis, simply to inspire others.  

This morning I was contacted by a very large company in whom is the manufacturer of some of my devices.  A marketer noticed my page, and started following it.  I had no idea who this person was, but she messaged me asking to speak on the phone.  It turns out she offered me to become an ambassador for the company.  They are offering to fly me out to Austin, Texas to video interview me, do a photoshoot, and perform tasks with the prosthetics.  This is exciting, and shocking to me.  I do not have a Facebook,  and have never been a social media type of person.  In fact, this hunting forum is as far into social media, that I ever really got.   I figured I would share this since this could potentially be life changing,  and you guys seemed very interested when I started this thread.  

That sounds fantastic .

Run with it !!

• Like 1