Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

Ok...let’s all slow down...while I too hope for nothing but tonight’s lottery tix and Bio being swept away by a company who can place him in a tree over sweet creatures and experiences, can we please remember that his shot of becoming some Russian/ Chinese hackers one arm love slave is a greater possibility?? Be careful...send pics....of the food not the Russ/Chinese hackers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is really awesome.  You can really get that info out there with some help from a large company.  I really forget that you hunt with a prosthetic and I guess thats the way it should be , but it is amazing that your able to do all that you do and can help out people along the way.  Best of luck with this and keep us posted!  this sounds like a great story!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ran out of likes! Im not sure how i missed this thread for the last 8 months. But i Just found it and got caught up and am in amazement. You seem like a down right awesome guy sir! Thanks for sharing it with us all, As mentioned before, i find it very neat and interesting! 

Congrats on the big news as well! Hope it works out for you ever so perfectly! Sounds like it could be a fun trip! I will gladly be following this thread for future reference!  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

A: Congrats, what a cool opportunity and Austin is in my top three favorite cities you are going to love it!

B: Link to the Instagram??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see you found it!  And thank you! 

MyoelectricOutdoors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

I ran out of likes! Im not sure how i missed this thread for the last 8 months. But i Just found it and got caught up and am in amazement. You seem like a down right awesome guy sir! Thanks for sharing it with us all, As mentioned before, i find it very neat and interesting! 

Congrats on the big news as well! Hope it works out for you ever so perfectly! Sounds like it could be a fun trip! I will gladly be following this thread for future reference!  

I appreciate that, I have had some amazing opportunities, so I try to do my part, and inspire others.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

Ok...let’s all slow down...while I too hope for nothing but tonight’s lottery tix and Bio being swept away by a company who can place him in a tree over sweet creatures and experiences, can we please remember that his shot of becoming some Russian/ Chinese hackers one arm love slave is a greater possibility?? Be careful...send pics....of the food not the Russ/Chinese hackers!

You know you want pics of the trashy hackers

11 hours ago, Bionic said:

As some of you know, I created an Instagram page a few months ago to show what can be done with a prosthetic arm, instead of the sane old pouring a glass of water, etc.  I also was disgusted seeing false info spread on Youtube of people who were looking as if they just thought they were cool.  I don't like when false info is given when it comes to these prosthetics,  it benefits nobody! 

As I was saying, I decided to start my own Instagram page showing what I do with my different prosthetics, on a somewhat daily basis, simply to inspire others.  

This morning I was contacted by a very large company in whom is the manufacturer of some of my devices.  A marketer noticed my page, and started following it.  I had no idea who this person was, but she messaged me asking to speak on the phone.  It turns out she offered me to become an ambassador for the company.  They are offering to fly me out to Austin, Texas to video interview me, do a photoshoot, and perform tasks with the prosthetics.  This is exciting, and shocking to me.  I do not have a Facebook,  and have never been a social media type of person.  In fact, this hunting forum is as far into social media, that I ever really got.   I figured I would share this since this could potentially be life changing,  and you guys seemed very interested when I started this thread.  

That is awesome, B! I'll bet there are a lot of people you could inspire given that kind of platform!  You never know whose life you can positively impact and all you have to do is be yourself.  Man that's cool.  

• Thanks 1

Bionic, you have been inspiring me and others here since you joined us three years ago.  It's really no surprise that a big company like that, took notice of you too.  You are the real deal.  You now have the opportunity to inspire others outside our group here, in a huge way.  People from all walks of life, world wide, will see you, and say"if he can do it, I can do it"!!  With all you do, there is no better person for this work my friend.  

I wish you nothing but the best. But the best is all you've ever been.

Don't forget about us!  And keep us posted!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sounds like a possible start to a sponsorship already.  Get that on the magic net and next it's Yeti and Rage calling!   

This company is a prosthetic hand/leg/knee company though.   I guess you never know though!  I never expected this in the first place 

Well based upon this thread and your instagram account alone I know that this company found the right person for the job.

I believe your going to be such a natural fit for an ambassador. You really have a way of telling your story and how all the different prosthetics work. Before this thread I was clueless how great the technology is behind them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bionic said:

As some of you know, I created an Instagram page a few months ago to show what can be done with a prosthetic arm, instead of the sane old pouring a glass of water, etc.  I also was disgusted seeing false info spread on Youtube of people who were looking as if they just thought they were cool.  I don't like when false info is given when it comes to these prosthetics,  it benefits nobody! 

As I was saying, I decided to start my own Instagram page showing what I do with my different prosthetics, on a somewhat daily basis, simply to inspire others.  

This morning I was contacted by a very large company in whom is the manufacturer of some of my devices.  A marketer noticed my page, and started following it.  I had no idea who this person was, but she messaged me asking to speak on the phone.  It turns out she offered me to become an ambassador for the company.  They are offering to fly me out to Austin, Texas to video interview me, do a photoshoot, and perform tasks with the prosthetics.  This is exciting, and shocking to me.  I do not have a Facebook,  and have never been a social media type of person.  In fact, this hunting forum is as far into social media, that I ever really got.   I figured I would share this since this could potentially be life changing,  and you guys seemed very interested when I started this thread.  

Good things happening to a good person.  Congrats Bionic.  Well deserved.

5 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Well based upon this thread and your instagram account alone I know that this company found the right person for the job.

I believe your going to be such a natural fit for an ambassador. You really have a way of telling your story and how all the different prosthetics work. Before this thread I was clueless how great the technology is behind them.

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you learned a lot from this thread, thats what its all about.

So apparently a lot of amputees have lost their limbs due to being electrocuted.   Therefore I need to have a arm covering made.  They can make one for me if I come a day early.   I guess a carbon fiber look can be achieved, or solod colors, or other options apparently is what the message said that I woke up to.  It is a shame though since my arm is custom airbrushed, and unlike any other I have seen, usually they are hydro-dripped.  I have a carbom fiber arm fir my work arm, and its boring, and unbelievably common.  Any ideas?

If any of you are unaware, the arm being spoke of, has wiring,  gear sprockets,  and chain running down it, as well as an airbrushed "sticker" that says "Danger High Voltage"....which is what they would covered, to avoid any horrible flashbacks for amputees(no pun intended).

20180220_190807.jpg

• Like 1

So apparently a lot of amputees have lost their limbs due to being electrocuted.   Therefore I need to have a arm covering made.  They can make one for me if I come a day early.   I guess a carbon fiber look can be achieved, or solod colors, or other options apparently is what the message said that I woke up to.  It is a shame though since my arm is custom airbrushed, and unlike any other I have seen, usually they are hydro-dripped.  I have a carbom fiber arm fir my work arm, and its boring, and unbelievably common.  Any ideas?
If any of you are unaware, the arm being spoke of, has wiring,  gear sprockets,  and chain running down it, as well as an airbrushed "sticker" that says "Danger High Voltage"....which is what they would covered, to avoid any horrible flashbacks for amputees(no pun intended).

20180220_190807.thumb.jpg.e3144eb2006e071c6a119c3ebb9ba50f.jpg
Maybe they can do some other super cool airbrush maybe like those anatomical ones where the skin is ripping off to expose the under skin stuff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Maybe they can do some other super cool airbrush maybe like those anatomical ones where the skin is ripping off to expose the under skin stuff

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I like the idea for sure, but this will have to be basic as far as they are making it sound.  I wonder if a different sticker that would cover the danger stick would work, i will have to ask. 

It will be a stretchy fabric cover by bvb the sounds of it so no paint.  Which is a dissapointment, bit its worth it.