Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

So today, after the modification to the socket, it was VERY comfortable! I put it on just before 5 this morning, and did not take it off until 3:30 ish this afternoon, it felt as if I could wear it for hours longer.  I also noticed that the arm’s battery died around 4pm, after I started with a full charge around 6am....my other arm with the same battery, can hold a charge over s WEEK....this goes to show how much juice this pattern recognition drinks.

Speaking of “drinks” (last word of your post) have you had that first drink yet?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Speaking of “drinks” (last word of your post) have you had that first drink yet?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have one after how my day at work went

i must sound drunk, should end this thread then:dontknow: 

Edited by Bionic

I should have one after how my day at work went
i must sound drunk, should end this thread then:dontknow: 
You should drink tea with pinky out. Might be a fun trick to make fun of the British with

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped the prototype arm off yesterday so it can be sent out to California to be finalized.   I miss it already! It will take 3 weeks to get back, and it will be done in carbon fiber.  We are going to start my new insurance arm too in the upcoming weeks.  

90919566-3735-4B5E-AB4A-A087D07964A8.jpeg

B58C5BF7-C854-48A7-A3B3-1527A1D93C19.jpeg

• Like 6

Dropped the prototype arm off yesterday so it can be sent out to California to be finalized.   I miss it already! It will take 3 weeks to get back, and it will be done in carbon fiber.  We are going to start my new insurance arm too in the upcoming weeks.  
90919566-3735-4B5E-AB4A-A087D07964A8.thumb.jpeg.0e828f21b564b845038da94bb136536f.jpeg
B58C5BF7-C854-48A7-A3B3-1527A1D93C19.thumb.jpeg.6370c83b308e758edfb6b5d0ab90f43e.jpeg
Oh so you will still be able to keep the prototype arm too! That's excellent 2 new arms for the price of one!

• Like 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Oh so you will still be able to keep the prototype arm too! That's excellent 2 new arms for the price of one!

Well the clear prototype arm will turn into a carbon fiber arm, fully rebuilt into what is needed to be perfect for use.  After that, my insurance arm, that I hope to make badass! And then a 3rd arm.  2 research study arms, and an insurance arm.  My Instagram keeps up to date with this stuff.  Feeling grateful!

• Like 3

Well the clear prototype arm will turn into a carbon fiber arm, fully rebuilt into what is needed to be perfect for use.  After that, my insurance arm, that I hope to make badass! And then a 3rd arm.  2 research study arms, and an insurance arm.  My Instagram keeps up to date with this stuff.  Feeling grateful!
Then 3 arms for the price of one! That's even better than I thought!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Then 3 arms for the price of one! That's even better than I thought!

Me too! :D

The new hand is going to be siiiiick! Middle-finger flippin actiiiion!

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 3

Me too! 
The new hand is going to be siiiiick! Middle-finger flippin actiiiion!
When you make it to the next forum Meetup I better be greeted with a one finger salute or I'll be very disappointed in you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I am starting a YouTube channel.  Most of you know I have an Instagram to try and give back, from all of the opportunities I have been so fortunate to receive.  I figured if I start a YouTube, I can engage with others, to encourage, and show life goes on.  Anyways, I bought a second camera to start getting into it during our Maine trip.  I plan to just film what I do routinely, since I am very active, and the people close to me say they forget I have a fake arm.  Here is a starter video, I hope it isn't too weird.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 6

Isn't weird at all. If I needed to do research to figure out what to get, would love to hear from people about what they have used and had the best luck with.  Talk about an investment in your life, more important than a vehicle or something that people feel is a big purchase. Some great info and maybe help someone make the right decision.  Esp when they have to live with their choice and insurance might not give them a second chance if they make the wrong choice and it doesn't work out.  Good job. 

My only thought is the music isn't needed. Would rather be able to hear what you are saying better. Cause that's what matters and it's what people will be wanting to hear.   But I know zero about this kind of stuff and maybe there was a way to mute that anyway. 

Again good job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow! I thought background noise would be a neat addition ....you guys make me think that editing is not needed! 

I appreciate the input...thanks for watching, its not about me, its about the people who need help, so my ears are listening 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Is that the repaired one or the new one?

This is the final “definitive” version of that clear temporary arm for the research study I am participating in.  We started my new arm this afternoon as well, that will be completely mine.  There is a lot going on, hope this isn't too confusing by how I am wording it.

32 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ok I thought so cause you said it was gonna be carbon fiber.  Great.  Were the changes successful? 

Yes sir,  the clear arm was basically a rough draft, to make sure the arm fit well, etc, length, so on.  Then they sent it to San Jose, California to be finalized into this carbon fiber arm.  Now the arm is complete, and I can continue the research study.  The changes were a success, they also adjusted the fit of the socket, since some movements allowed some air into the socket, which reduces skin contact, which reduces how well the computer in the arm can interpret what you are telling the hand to do.

• Like 2