Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

@G-Man here us a hand called the “I-Limb” built by Touch Bionics out of Scotland.  I was a beta tester for this hand in 2007-10.  It was the first multi-articulating hand mass produced.  I gave them a lot of ideas for improvements, such as titanium chassis to mount the fingers too.  I have videos of these hands moving, but have not uploaded them to YouTube, since I want my YouTube channel to be more of a blog type set of videos of how I use these devices during real life tasks.

54CCD82D-8A5E-49B5-9B65-C4FAB8081F46.jpeg

5B15ED51-285D-46F8-9510-C5D3F00995A9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

That was amazing! I've been waiting forever for that! Also fun tricks aside that hand looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks, glad to share the same sense of humor haha.  I’m really enjoying this do far, and I am able to get the fingers up to my mouth, life changing, always been a dream of mine to use the fake hand to eat with.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Come on Bionic where is the pic with you drinking with the new hand and arm combo? You saving it for an important beer post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's on his Instagram and he's drinking a bottle of water

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just marathoned this entire thread start to finish and all I can say is Kudos to you and Thank you for sharing all this fascinating information with us. You are an inspiration and a true gentleman.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zem18 said:

I just marathoned this entire thread start to finish and all I can say is Kudos to you and Thank you for sharing all this fascinating information with us. You are an inspiration and a true gentleman.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wow thank you so much!

i truly enjoy talking about this tech, glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...