Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Subscribed! What is it like to draw a bow with? Or do you just go rifle?

Thanks for subscribing!
Do you do Instagram by chance?

I have a compound bow, crossbow, rifles, and handguns.  

I hold the compound with the fake arm, and draw with my sound arm.  I am only confident out until about 25 yards.  Arm gets wiggly relatively quick.  This is because I only have about 2” of arm below the elbow, imagine holding a 4 lb prosthetic arm that is holding a bow all off of 2” of arm, gets heavy quick! Its like trying to hold a sledgehammer straight out with your hand, so its horizontal, and in line with your arm lol

• Like 1

No instagram. This is the closest I get to social media. 

Guns I can understand. The bow....doesn’t sound difficult....sounds near impossible, which makes it all the more impressive. Where there’s a will there’s a way I suppose. I’m tellin ya...the real life terminator, lol.

Too bad about the sensors, from a selfish stand point. I would love to see you squish stuff. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

No instagram. This is the closest I get to social media. 

Guns I can understand. The bow....doesn’t sound difficult....sounds near impossible, which makes it all the more impressive. Where there’s a will there’s a way I suppose. I’m tellin ya...the real life terminator, lol.

Too bad about the sensors, from a selfish stand point. I would love to see you squish stuff. 

Thanks! Hey, I plan to do a YouTube video about shooting with the bow, so I will be sure you see it.  I am truly not a social media person either, just Instagram/YouTube/Forum, but it is all based on helping others with arm prosthetics.

What are some realistic ideas for crushing things do you guys have in mind? The Greifer can take a beating.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Hey, I plan to do a YouTube video about shooting with the bow, so I will be sure you see it.  I am truly not a social media person either, just Instagram/YouTube/Forum, but it is all based on helping others with arm prosthetics.
What are some realistic ideas for crushing things do you guys have in mind? The Greifer can take a beating.

Jerkman’s nuts!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

They are made of solid Tungsten. Nothing can crush them not even a trigger happy Mod.

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

Oh please, you don’t expect us to believe that, do you?

11 hours ago, left field said:

Just caught up on the last six months and I’m curious about something, Bionic. How do you write/type? Do you have that much dexterity in the cool hand? 

I type with my sound hand, pretty fast too. The cool hand can also type, and it even has a cool mouse grip pattern, where it holds the mouse, and the index finger stays open, so it rests on the left clicker, so when you fire the closing muscle, it presses the button on the mouse...same thing for right click with the middle finger.

• Like 2

I type with my sound hand, pretty fast too. The cool hand can also type, and it even has a cool mouse grip pattern, where it holds the mouse, and the index finger stays open, so it rests on the left clicker, so when you fire the closing muscle, it presses the button on the mouse...same thing for right click with the middle finger.
That's pretty sweet! I can only imagine that sometime in the near future they should be having bionic limbs and hands that are almost as quick as organic hands and limbs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

That's pretty sweet! I can only imagine that sometime in the near future they should be having bionic limbs and hands that are almost as quick as organic hands and limbs

Im looking forward to trying this new hand on Wednesday! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

I look forward to my sexy robot body. 

Good luck, Bionic. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Any new details you've learned about it's capabilities? Faster? More dexterous?

I do know it’s created by the creator of the Bebionic hand. Bebionic is crap, but looks cool, and is cheap....so its popular, that being said, I hope this hand is not a disappointment, but I plan to put it through its paces.  

49A5F348-B724-4478-9B44-342662B3A22B.jpeg

• Like 1