Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

The REAL point of all this, I was able to give some serious input forward today.  Tomorrow is another full day of telling my story, and helping actual employees, light up light bulbs in their heads, to see things a bit differently.  I do not knowbit all, but sometimes a fresh, separate mindset from the outside can give new insight, and in this case, amputees benefit.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I really did, just makes you scratch your head, its as if things get reinvented.  Everything truly does go full circle.  Can you imagine the weight of that!? Its all leverage weight.  If it weight 5 pounds, it really feels 15 lbs by hanging off the end of your arm far from your elbow.

Men were men back then..most likely lost in a battle.. just like walking around for many miles at a time in 60lbs of armor like Roman centurions.. I dont think many of the men that think themselves men could do that today

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Men were men back then..most likely lost in a battle.. just like walking around for many miles at a time in 60lbs of armor like Roman centurions.. I dont think many of the men that think themselves men could do that today

Agreed, as far as today’s man comments go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bionic said:

Just had a nice dinner at The Roaring Fork Steakhouse, had “Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder Carnitas”, it came with fresh guacamole, and some type of onion/corn salsa? And black beans, with cheese, and onion.  “Delicious” would insult that meal.  Met some great employees tonight.  Tomorrow is my work day, its going to be a long one. Couple pics of hotel.

485ADF8D-89CA-417D-A392-B5C9913CDF3A.jpeg

8F5C2252-F81F-44A2-9812-2B8972E4D847.jpeg

0C115084-6F26-4991-B7CA-AC04BA285BAF.jpeg

just need a couple Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders in there and an open bar!   you might not come back...

• Like 3

So, I took care of my obligations today.  Opened a lot of eyes, and opened the minds of a lot of sales associates.  I wear a certain model hand, that is not necessarily thought to be mich more robust, than the one step down model.  The associates were surprised with the arm choice, and the work I perform with it, and how this is honestly the most durable, and mechanically reliable arm system that I have ever had.  I feel like a good relationship has started here, and am looking forward to attending more event.  My Instagram account was shared by the woman in charge, and even a few of my videos were shared in her powerpoint presentation.  For me, that was very exciting, and meant a lot to me, this is a very large business, and to have a few of my videos incorporated into her slides, show me that I am just starting to achieve my goal, of helping others realize that each myoelectric terminal device, is BEST for one individual, but maybe not at all for another, and vice versa.  Very rewarding feeling.  

In other news, I spoke in fromt of 4 different sessions throughout the day, explain how robust, strokg, and durable this hand is....well the one guy handed me my hand back to attach onto the arm, and he dropped it onto the carpet...no big deal.  Well I sat in on a prosthetic knee session, and notice the ring, and pinky finger were internally separated from the palm chassis.  Turns out it fell just right, and broke.  Now, those 2 fingers are not powered,  they are attached as riders, that get pulled in as the powered index, and middle close.  Hows that for ironic! I pulled her aside in private, and mentioned it.  She gave me a separate loaner to use, and will have mine fixed for me.  Ironic!

heres my loaner, it is the same model hand, however it features a life like skin covering.  

F306D1A4-3CEE-49EA-A854-EDF435B4B047.jpeg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Glad to see you had a great day! You should be very proud of yourself if takes a lot of courage to do what you did today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

X2.  We all knew you had it in you.  Way to go buddy ! 

2 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

It's always great to be part of the solution Bionic.  Sorry to hear about your broken arm/hand.  It really is ironic, but kind of a bummer.  Hope you get all that you want to out of your trip.  

Chef & TF, I truly appreciate that.  What a great group of people I met that work here.

Stubborn- it is disappointing, but she made it right, and she WANTED to make it right, it took all of that stress out.  Happy to have met her.  I feel like a great relationship was created these past 2 days, and my outlook on wanting to help others in this amputee world, is exactly her outlook as well.  I am looking forward to the future.

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

They are lucky to have you there with all you do and have done with your arm. Good stuff. By the way, talking in front of 4 sessions is MUCH WORSE than dinner with Biz and CynthiaFU...see you at The Westchester meet up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that, i just want to show others that every prosthetic device can be perfect one person, but horrible for another.  There seems to be a trend where people say this IS best, and try to brainwash, and become biased, and stubborn.  Thats the mission.  LoL, i am back in Austin that timeframe.  

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Nice job. It's not easy to speak in front of people if your not used to it.  But remember you ARE the expert that uses it everyday.  And it seems like they really want you opinion and ideas. Way to go.  

Now enjoy that pool and a cold one! 

Thanks Rob, I just feel obligated to share my story, and sort of give back for all the AMAZING opportunities I have had dropped in my lap.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

Might be $24 but...SEND IT! Have you cruised around town yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

$5 lol 

haha seeeeeend iiiiiit!!!

last night we had a fantastic treat of a dinner at the Roaring Fork Steakhouse.  What a treat! I had slow roasted pork shoulder carnitas, seriously delicious, cannot describe well enough how tasty.  Jenn had filet mignon.  Unreal delicious food, what a treat.  

We are in The Domain, we are headed to Gloria’s Mexican restaurant for food, and margaritas just Jenn, and I.  They recommended this place.  Its a short walk, and its 67 degrees, what an experience, cannot be more thankful for it.  Fun sharing this with my family, and you guys.  I am not usually the type to advertise my business, and this stuff is routine to some of you, butbthis is just something else for us.  

• Like 6

OMG! This food! It is beyond delicious, I am floored! I am shocked, it is beyond undesirably delicious.  Words cannot describe how impressed I am with this food.  Chicken, and skirt steak fajitas.  Words were never created to describe how much of a treat this is.  Blown away.

CE1D38FB-03C1-4A0D-A62C-AEECAA943259.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2