Working on a new prosthetic arm

Bionic

Just caught up on your first days there in Texas and all I can say is...

We all knew you had it in you to do this and do it right. I’m glad to hear everything from the plane ride to the public speaking went better than you could have hoped for. You sound like you’re on top of the world right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moho81 said:

Just caught up on your first days there in Texas and all I can say is...

We all knew you had it in you to do this and do it right. I’m glad to hear everything from the plane ride to the public speaking went better than you could have hoped for. You sound like you’re on top of the world right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, you truly summed that up perfectly! Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate that, and helping in this area does make me feel like a million bucks on top of the world 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

You made us all proud!

Most importantly, you made yourself and family proud!

Way to go man. You helped so many people. They couldn't have found a better representative. 

Thanks grampy, means a lot.  Just want to help is all it’s about!

• Like 2

we are a lot alike in not liking the city and being anxious about it.  But sounds like your handling it well.  Last bigger city i went to was baltimore for a yankee game and to see the national aquarium there.  The game was def fun - was joking with some baltimore and fellow yankee fans nearby and happened to sit with a good group of folks.  Also went to a restaurant with some local beers on tap and that was real good.  The aquarium I wasnt too impressed with except for the brook trout pond!  lol   

but by the time we got there and driving thru the city i wouldnt ever go again cause the stress was worse than the fun we did have.  Just not very comfortable there and basically wanted to drive in any direction til i hit a cornfield!  Hell i refuse to go to Syracuse more than once a year!  

But for an upstate NYer sounds like you are handling this very well and am glad it hasnt been as stressful as you thought.  Could def tell you were worried about it.  BUt as they say life is all about experiences and you also might be helping a bunch of folks along the way 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

we are a lot alike in not liking the city and being anxious about it.  But sounds like your handling it well.  Last bigger city i went to was baltimore for a yankee game and to see the national aquarium there.  The game was def fun - was joking with some baltimore and fellow yankee fans nearby and happened to sit with a good group of folks.  Also went to a restaurant with some local beers on tap and that was real good.  The aquarium I wasnt too impressed with except for the brook trout pond!  lol   

but by the time we got there and driving thru the city i wouldnt ever go again cause the stress was worse than the fun we did have.  Just not very comfortable there and basically wanted to drive in any direction til i hit a cornfield!  Hell i refuse to go to Syracuse more than once a year!  

But for an upstate NYer sounds like you are handling this very well and am glad it hasnt been as stressful as you thought.  Could def tell you were worried about it.  BUt as they say life is all about experiences and you also might be helping a bunch of folks along the way 

That does sound a lot like me, the biggest help is how accommodating they are in the trip planning, and travel.  It really takes away a lot of the anxiety.  

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

You’re up early    How many more days you  have there ? Big day again today? 

I am sitting in the terminal already.  Went through TSA, got some weird looks, and now we wait for a 7:26 departure.  We were up at 3, which was better than 1am.

its pretty cool how its still DARK here at 6:28am right now.  Stays light out until 6:30pm too, the things you don’t really think about as compared to where you live.

Edited by Bionic

Well thats a wrap folks.  Glad you guys enjoyed the little tid bits I shared with you. I learned that my damaged hand was overnighted from Austin, to Salt Lake City where the repairs are all made, so that was great news.  I head back on the 31st, so if you want to keep hearing about this stuff, I am happy to share.  This next trip will ne to downtown Austin, I am assuming thr actual built up city.  This trip all took place in “The Domain” of Austin, very unique, yet random city within a city.

the flight from Philly to Stewart, was awesome, because it was clear skies, and not hazy at times, and the plane flew very near my house! I recognized lakes, and thr millenium pipeline, and the trails through the trees of roads i drive daily! I loved that. I saw Angry Orchard from above, and the basherkill guys talk about.  I followed our location on the maps app on my Iphone.  I like stuff like that. Last 4 pics are of over my homes vicinity.

9A3C890E-39FF-45E0-A0CE-65EA842B0F7B.jpeg

3FBBC643-FDE8-4C5D-932D-DCE8A39C7690.jpeg

BAAFBFAF-C53F-48AC-B163-B9DF6B65091C.jpeg

C56A6125-102B-4907-9271-BB3261B0C722.jpeg

DF5678F9-8517-435F-B91E-14DD6BFD9FA7.jpeg

CC076180-DC2A-44FD-8863-A0DBC9DC0D79.jpeg

BA3EE99F-1532-41C6-BBF2-A1C06D9EA3EF.jpeg

7ADBB567-10FE-49A4-BC70-668380F782B4.jpeg

3EC21C76-A28B-46C0-A1B0-ABCDA2CF7DA5.jpeg

6614DBE8-C6ED-4C33-B2FE-2EAA607F0D7F.jpeg

87AA6447-45E1-4B02-9B68-A0AAA4126073.jpeg

E5C616CC-5CAD-46FC-95C6-47D458540E62.jpeg

DE5A04B6-DD15-470A-9EEF-791B51C02808.jpeg

64FE89AB-44EA-4BE4-ADDA-0DC4C15E9BE1.jpeg

FD405400-22F9-40CB-B45D-279563FA7A06.jpeg

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm always scouting from the plane, I see a lot of uninterrupted woods and then try and find it on Onx later and see who owns it. Lots of ponds way back too that I imagine are full of 10lb bass and unpressured ducks lol

Lol, yeah I found it exciting to see what you typically frequent during daily drives, from the air!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

catching up. glad to hear the trip went well. You're a stand up guy putting yourself out there to help.

Thank you, appreciate it.  There are just so many new comers, and not so new comers who are misinformed, and/or unaware.  That in itself makes it worth me being uncomfortable for a little while, so others can benefit, and I hope they find new tricks, etc, to be a comfortable user/wearer like me. 

Thank you, appreciate it.  There are just so many new comers, and not so new comers who are misinformed, and/or unaware.  That in itself makes it worth me being uncomfortable for a little while, so others can benefit, and I hope they find new tricks, etc, to be a comfortable user/wearer like me. 
Can never become comfortable with something if you never stick with it. Similar to riding a bike

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1