Bionic

Working on a new prosthetic arm

Recommended Posts

Great way to view it, practice is key.
That's how they do it with people afraid of certain things for example spiders. They'll first show them a picture and then gradually work up to the real thing, and eventually potentially holding one, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's how they do it with people afraid of certain things for example spiders. They'll first show them a picture and then gradually work up to the real thing, and eventually potentially holding one, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

And eventually potentially, and most definitely stomping on the spider, etc. :victory:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next trip has just been planned.  Literally the exact same flights, and times. This time we are in the downtown area of Austin.  The hotel they put us in, I am NOT going to fit in.  Should be another incredible experience.  This is why I tell you guys that I have to give back to new amputees who do not know a thing about prosthetics! They spoil me! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The next trip has just been planned.  Literally the exact same flights, and times. This time we are in the downtown area of Austin.  The hotel they put us in, I am NOT going to fit in.  Should be another incredible experience.  This is why I tell you guys that I have to give back to new amputees who do not know a thing about prosthetics! They spoil me! 
Does it allow for Feb 2 Meetup?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Does it allow for Feb 2 Meetup?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Unfortunately, this trip interferes.  I am in the city of Austin the 31st of this month, until the 4th of February.

i have officially been informed that I can say I am an OttoBock Champion.

pretty proud of that.  This company is full of employees who truly care, are friendly, and welcoming.  I honestly have thought this for years.  I am happy to be apart of them.

if these post get annoying tell me to stfu please.  I never advertise my business, its just the interest is there.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow didnt realize that a microprocessor prosthetic can cost upwards of $120,000.00, thats insane. The technology involved with one of those prosthetics must be mind boggling.  Looks like you landed with a great company. Good for you bud, congrats!!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Wow didnt realize that a microprocessor prosthetic can cost upwards of $120,000.00, thats insane. The technology involved with one of those prosthetics must be mind boggling.  Looks like you landed with a great company. Good for you bud, congrats!!!!

Thanks! I appreciate that! Yes, prosthetics are obnoxiously priced.  The cost for R&D etc, and so on, is disgusting.  My current arm was in the exact ballpark of that price.  It really makes you scratch your head.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet while an exorbitant number think of the life you have lived as a result. Worth every penny with all it allows you to do which is more than the common slob! 100,000+ for a practical life changing appendage seems much more worth it than a 100,000+ car, painting(not Biz’s), jewelry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

And yet while an exorbitant number think of the life you have lived as a result. Worth every penny with all it allows you to do which is more than the common slob! 100,000+ for a practical life changing appendage seems much more worth it than a 100,000+ car, painting(not Biz’s), jewelry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean. I don’t know, I am just glad to help.  Kind of speechless, its amazing how social media(Instagram) impacted my life, and some others.  I hope to keep helping others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crappyice said:

And yet while an exorbitant number think of the life you have lived as a result. Worth every penny with all it allows you to do which is more than the common slob! 100,000+ for a practical life changing appendage seems much more worth it than a 100,000+ car, painting(not Biz’s), jewelry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%, quality of life is very important.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bionic said:

Thanks! I appreciate that! Yes, prosthetics are obnoxiously priced.  The cost for R&D etc, and so on, is disgusting.  My current arm was in the exact ballpark of that price.  It really makes you scratch your head.  

Wow thats insane prices, but cant put a price on quality of life .

Keep doing what you do, what you have is contagious,  its called inspiration and motivation. I have to say living with a child that has special needs and seeing people like yourself that are positive, inspires me to push hard everyday.  Dont think for a second that you are only helping those with special needs, it inspires all.  Seeing the strugles of people with disabilities and living it, puts life in perspective real fast.  Thats why i find it comical when people argue on here about bow vs. Crossbow, big buck or little buck, antler restriction or not. Lifes too short, Sorry for babbling on, you just got me motivated to write..lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Wow thats insane prices, but cant put a price on quality of life .

Keep doing what you do, what you have is contagious,  its called inspiration and motivation. I have to say living with a child that has special needs and seeing people like yourself that are positive, inspires me to push hard everyday.  Dont think for a second that you are only helping those with special needs, it inspires all.  Seeing the strugles of people with disabilities and living it, puts life in perspective real fast.  Thats why i find it comical when people argue on here about bow vs. Crossbow, big buck or little buck, antler restriction or not. Lifes too short, Sorry for babbling on, you just got me motivated to write..lol

“Babble” on! That is why I do what I am trying to do.  Seriously, that means a lot to me to hear that I inspire you a bit.  Ugh, thats what this is all about! I always say...it can ALWAYS be worse.  Really means a lot to hear that...and I am not just saying that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bionic said:

“Babble” on! That is why I do what I am trying to do.  Seriously, that means a lot to me to hear that I inspire you a bit.  Ugh, thats what this is all about! I always say...it can ALWAYS be worse.  Really means a lot to hear that...and I am not just saying that.

Funny you say that, me and my wife live by those words " it can always be worse " .  As bad as we may think we have it,  there is always someone that has it worse.  Just have to go with the punches and push full steam ahead. 

So with this new job, does this mean you get to attend the Paralympic?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Funny you say that, me and my wife live by those words " it can always be worse " .  As bad as we may think we have it,  there is always someone that has it worse.  Just have to go with the punches and push full steam ahead. 

So with this new job, does this mean you get to attend the Paralympic?

Exactly, it can always be worse.  Do the best you can, I am this way, because my parents pushed so hard for what was best for me growing up.  Think about that....

you know, I really do not know.  I don’t know what my future holds with OttoBock.  I hope it is lifelong, but it is a very young relationship.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Exactly, it can always be worse.  Do the best you can, I am this way, because my parents pushed so hard for what was best for me growing up.  Think about that....

you know, I really do not know.  I don’t know what my future holds with OttoBock.  I hope it is lifelong, but it is a very yound relationship.

Best of luck !!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who. Do you have to the air brushing or is a vinyl graphic?


I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Who. Do you have to the air brushing or is a vinyl graphic?

I had a gentleman who is about an hour away airbrush it.  He is an owner of a tattoo studio, and an airbrush artist for anything from helmets, to tailgates.  This was his first prosthesis.  I showed him photos, and explained ideas.  I was referred to him by a coworker, and saw examples of his work once I met him, so i gave him the greenlight to be creative with my ideas.  I love how it turned out, my prosthetist had never had a client have an arm painted, they are typically vinyled, or hydro-dipped.  This arm was free hand airbrushed, and finished with automotive clear coat.  I actually wax this prosthesis with the same wax I use on my vehicles.  

The high voltage “sticker” is actually painted on by the way.  I did not add that.

Glen from Class Act Studio of Middletown, NY

 

 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.