My Crumby New Revolver

So in celebration of Uncle Donald's tax cuts I decided that the occasion called for something "Special" so I decided to spend my "Crumbs" as the old liver spot Pelosi calls them on a new revolver. I have been long time fan of the 44 Special cartridge wanting a Charter Arms Target Bulldog in that chambering for the longest time so I bought me one. Never actually owned a Charter Arms weapon before but I am very familiar with them as I sold a bunch of them back in the day when I worked in a gun shop. Mostly the snub nose undercover model in 38 special, they were a favorite with Police officers for a back up gun.  A good friend of mine had one of the original Son of Sam 3 inch blue Bulldogs that he absolutely abused with heavy handloads and it held together making me a believer in their toughness and build quality, that gun was painful to shoot.

Had all the loading equipment from my 44 mag so I picked up some new 44 special cases and loaded some 180 Hornady XTPs and broke out my last box of Speer 225 half jackets my favorite 44 bullets which are no longer being produced and made up 50 of those.

Picked up the Bulldog today and while it is no Colt Python it is a bargain priced solid small frame revolver that is decently made and will make a nice carrying trail gun that has some pop. Took off the rubber grips and replaced them with factory walnut target style, will be giving her a test when I get some decent weather.

Al

002.JPG

001.JPG

Edited by airedale
  • Like 8

That’s a crummy  gun :rofl: see what I did there. 

After you have shot some rounds let us know what you think. I don’t think I have ever herd bad things about a charter arms. Nice revolver by the way, and yes the wood grip looks good .. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1