Happy wife = no complaints when hunting

moog5050

Wife has a conference in Athens, Greece in April.  Flight and hotel paid for.  Now if I can find a way to off load the kids, I'll just have to pay for my flight.  I'll be in the red with points though.  Happy husband = will probably hear some complaints when hunting.

I'll just say that I have a great wife. I hunt, fish, ice fish, and go to the races and demo derbies. It just is not in me to sit around and do nothing. But, this was well known before we got married. I make it up the best I can by taking her out to dinner during the winter every Friday night. She finds concerts or shows to go to, and checks with me to see if there is a special race or derby. Either way, I buy a couple tickets so she can go with me or a friend. We usually take a couple shows or PBR events and stay in a nice motel room for a night or two. Other than that, I hand out money for her and her friends to enjoy themselves while I am out with the boys. Not a day goes by that I don't remember how fortunate I am. We don't have a lot of money, but I make enough for our hobbies.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coonhunter said:

I'll just say that I have a great wife. 

I know that feeling and I am very thankful for a wife who pushes me to hunt, for the venison.  She loves that true "organic free-range" red meat.  She gets grossed out when frying ground beef on the stove, watching the fat grizzle out of it.   She makes some great meals for our family from the deer and fish that I kill.  

The apple don't fall far from the tree and her mother cooks equally well.   I am also very thankful for her and I always look forward to hunting and fishing trips up to the in-laws Adirondack retirement home.   Great eating, and world class scenery add more to those trips than words can describe.   

I do see that the trophy hunter has to work much harder to keep the wife happy than the meat hunter.   My wife is less than thrilled with taxidermy bills or with giving up wall space for more shoulder mounts.  Her folks seemed happy to hang my last one, which is only fitting since I killed it at their place.  It's cost was more than compensated for by all the free room and board that they provide our family up there.  

I may try the painting class, or something similar, if I ever get another real big one at home.   My wife is never happier than when I bring home a button buck.  She is ok with smaller antlered bucks and medium sized ones who's "free" skull plates or euros end up in our basement or garage.           

My wife is awesome.  She use to encourage me to hunt.  Helps prepare my snacks, etc.  Its kids that ended all that.  She works just as much as I do except when we get home, she'll cook, clean, makes sure the kids are fed, bathe, and ready for bed..  She just expects me to keep an eye on one of them while she preps the other.  There's absolutely no way she can do that by herself while I'm gone for hours on end.  All kidding aside, I have nothing to complain about.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, coonhunter said:

I'll just say that I have a great wife. I hunt, fish, ice fish, and go to the races and demo derbies. It just is not in me to sit around and do nothing. But, this was well known before we got married. I make it up the best I can by taking her out to dinner during the winter every Friday night. She finds concerts or shows to go to, and checks with me to see if there is a special race or derby. Either way, I buy a couple tickets so she can go with me or a friend. We usually take a couple shows or PBR events and stay in a nice motel room for a night or two. Other than that, I hand out money for her and her friends to enjoy themselves while I am out with the boys. Not a day goes by that I don't remember how fortunate I am. We don't have a lot of money, but I make enough for our hobbies.

Sounds about right, all of our friends have kids so we all just get together as a group. I mean she isn't getting a spa day or anything but being able to socialize with someone instead of your spouse and kids for months at a time is almost as good as a vacation. We do our weekend away from the kids in the summer but that is the only time we are apart from them. I guess I got lucky when my wife hunts, fishes, and likes doing the outdoorsy stuff. Only thing she doesn't like is ice fishing, she would rather sit inside next to the fire with a book while I take the kids.

Edited by chas0218

Just a joke we have here in South Africa ,if you want to stay a wealthy man don't teach your wife how to hunt it gets expensive quickly default_pleasantry.gif

Exactly. If my wife hunted, there’s no way I would have went on all the hunting trips I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1