Show me Your dogs

bkln

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, left field said:

@Birdhunter  Nice dog but you have to ID the gun as well. 

LF, 

Good eye! It is a 1960's Charles Daly 20 ga. skeet/skeet made in the Miroku, Japan factory. Same place they made Brownings, hence the similar round knob. 

Having a good pointing dog makes shooting pheasant with a skeet gun easy...most shots are within 20 yds.

Just about 13 year old Brittany, Trico this last fall season.

017e4531285a8221e737fb49ff0d7493.jpg&key=8c590fdf54fec423e188200b2c451a153197774c73be091333fd96b29c3c9c85

He has been an amazing dog...mostly a house pet but when he gets his time outdoors his nose is great and his drive was awesome. Would have been easily trained but I was too lazy and I wouldn’t be able to hunt him as much that would validate the time to get him real steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ainsley Ash
      The procedure below to carry the bow is detailed below:
      You have to use a cotton towel or something similar. You have to wrap it around the bowstring. Doing so ensures that it will not cause an injury with the bowstring coming in contact with your body. It will not be that sharp either. Once you cover the bowstring with the towel, you have to wear it like a sling. So that it will not fall away from your body. The best way to cover the bowstring is to use a large enough towel. You can wrap it around twice as well. When making a sling out of the cotton towel, you have to ensure that you tighten it to get a snug fit. In that case, it will not slip away. Consequently, it will remain in place. When using this technique to carry a bow on your back, it is essential to practice before going in the wilderness. Only when you can move briskly and without noise using the scanning mechanism should you go ahead with it. To remove the bow, you have to hold it at the bottom. After that, you have to slip it over your head as well as arm. Doing so ensures that you can remove it quickly. When trying to focus on a prey, you need to remove the bow quickly. The technique for removal that we have highlighted above can certainly help you do so.