The battle,over gun rights

I’m putting this here for more exposure then the political area, hoping it stays ....

Read this link please. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-blackrock/blackrock-puts-gunmakers-on-notice-after-florida-school-shooting-idUSKCN1G62PC

Its time more joined in the fight to protect the 2A, because the other side is sure ramping up. Pressuring banks, and corporations, to sever ties with the NRA, some calling for banks not to process credit card transactions for guns , for pensions and mutual funds not to invest in gun companies. Blackrock holds 17% of Ruger stock and wants to have a sit down, with them .

Ive had a NRA Visa card since 1,993, well guess what ? The antis pressured that bank to not renew them and end the program . Our cards will expire in ‘21, but we’re canceling now and cashing in our 68,000 points .

The battle has shifted from just the House and Senate to the boardroom , won’t you help in that battle ? To those that are helping thanks, to those that now will thanks as well .

If you think it’s only about AR’s and the like your wrong they hate your 870 and 9mm just as much .

Give some thought to joining the NRA or other pro gun group, yes they’re going to bug you for money, that’s how it works , yes I may not agree with all they say, just like I don’t agree with everything my wife says.

Already a member ? Give a membership as a gift.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I've had a NRA Visa card since 1993, well guess what ? The antis pressured that bank to not renew them and end the program . Our cards will expire in ‘21, but we’re canceling now and cashing in our 68,000 points .

Thank you.  I long ago severed my business with VISA because they are a sponsor of the National Football League whose  "kneeling employees" disrespect our country, veterans and police, while in supporting criminals like Mike Brown and Freddy Grey.  Discover, Master Card and American Express get the job done along with that old time favorite cash.

If you think it’s only about AR’s and the like your wrong they hate your 870 and 9mm just as much .

You are correct.  All the gun haters keep calling AR's "assault weapons", when they are not  Either they are ignorant of the FACT or are trying to con the other gun haters.  The  AR is a semi-auto rifle that looks like an M16A1 which many of us carried in defense of the Constitution (Second Amendment included) or who are intelligent enough to know about different types of firearms.

Give some thought to joining the NRA or other pro gun group, yes they’re going to bug you for money, that’s how it works , yes I may not agree with all they say, just like I don’t agree with everything my wife says.

I support the NRA because what other organization supports the Second Amendment and your right to peacefully possess firearms?  Sadly the frauds of the media and anti-gun organizations failed to be truthful in the fat that in 1871 the NRA was founded to be an assistant to the US government in training Americans in the use of firearms for military service to protect our great nation. The NRA still has many firearm training and safety (Eddie Eagle for children gun safety) programs.  What have the anti-gun organizations done for America?

The NRA is the anti-gun advocates number one enemy.  For those who do not support  the NRA, efforts to protect the Second Amendment, just remember what they do and consider the Bible passage of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

• Like 4

I am really not sure how to take the NRA anymore. Yes. I will be rejoining, in hopes they will have a more mid-range political take and start doing what they should do, "Stand up and defend 2A at all costs!".

I also want to make an opinion here though. Many of our youth are being taught all firearms are bad, and thanks to social media, that train of thought and atrocities like what happened in FL reinforce that, so it's spreading, and fast. The uneducated preaching to the even less educated. When you manipulate the youth, you can alter the future. The bleeding hearts will win IMO.

We have crooked politicians making and passing gun laws in the middle of the night, a massive cry from kids and parents of these types of mass shootings calling for more gun control or bans on certain ( all ) weapons, and we have weak politicians who only really care about how big they can make their bank accounts so they don't have the balls to nut up and do what's right. So, here's to hoping the NRA can grow some balls.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, First-light said:

Not a member of the NRA and never will be.

I hear ya , I haven’t been happy with the nra for a long time. Especially when our king of a governor passed the safe act and not even a peep from them. BUT it’s getting to the point it’s all hands on deck and I will be rejoining in the very near future. The nra is the voice of us little guys, and I sincerely hope no one thinks that the communists democrats will stop with AR rifles . It’s all or nothing everyone of us knows this... 

6 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I hear ya , I haven’t been happy with the nra for a long time. Especially when our king of a governor passed the safe act and not even a peep from them. BUT it’s getting to the point it’s all hands on deck and I will be rejoining in the very near future. The nra is the voice of us little guys, and I sincerely hope no one thinks that the communists democrats will stop with AR rifles . It’s all or nothing everyone of us knows this... 

This is my biggest concern as well. Like I stated above, the NRA needs to start really standing for the 2A! I'll drop $35, just so I can email them about what they are factually doing to protect the 2A. I already know the response though.

Just thinking how crazy these gun grabbers  are millions of  law abiding gun owners  less then 1 % used in crimes  but they want 

collective punishment  which is even banned by the Geneva Convention .

Besides  stomping on are gun rights under the Constitution of this country 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

The NRA is losing.  It will continue.  The spotlight is just there now because of the terrible school shooting.  But it is a culture change.  People and esp younger people are into shooting sports and hunting less and less. And the people that see these things happen on TV don't care what your definition of an AR is. To them it looks like a gun Rambo would use and they can't and will not see the need for one in anyone's hands other than military.  There will never be less gun legislation, it will always move and creep forward. The culture will dictate the movement of gun laws.  And as the membership of the NRA ages and has less voter percentages they will be less influential.  And when there is such a tsunami of support and push for further legislation when these things happen, they can only hope to temper the changes , they cannot stop them esp when it is after such a terrible instance.  Parents fear for their kids at school.  They don't care of you want to plink or hunt with an AR.  

I've just been hoping with the new legislation that is coming that they slip in the federal proposed pistol legislation for across state acceptance.

A person that doesn't own or use a firearm cannot understand why not letting you have an AR is any kind of unrealistic expectation. You won't give up using an "assault rifle" to protect our children?  That's the question they pose and the way they see it.  There's no winning that argument.  No matter how much we argue.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The NRA is losing.  It will continue.  The spotlight is just there now because of the terrible school shooting.  But it is a culture change.  People and esp younger people are into shooting sports and hunting less and less. And the people that see these things happen on TV don't care what your definition of an AR is. To them it looks like a gun Rambo would use and they can't and will not see the need for one in anyone's hands other than military.  There will never be less gun legislation, it will always move and creep forward. The culture will dictate the movement of gun laws.  And as the membership of the NRA ages and has less voter percentages they will be less influential.  And when there is such a tsunami of support and push for further legislation when these things happen, they can only hope to temper the changes , they cannot stop them esp when it is after such a terrible instance.  Parents fear for their kids at school.  They don't care of you want to plink or hunt with an AR.  

I've just been hoping with the new legislation that is coming that they slip in the federal proposed pistol legislation for across state acceptance.

A person that doesn't own or use a firearm cannot understand why not letting you have an AR is any kind of unrealistic expectation. You won't give up using an "assault rifle" to protect our children?  That's the question they pose and the way they see it.  There's no winning that argument.  No matter how much we argue.  

How does cnn or you or me really no how people think besides 16 year old hysterical teenage girls that they  put on  cnn   for propaganda , i  don't think people really give a f one way or the other just like most people could care less or don't even know what is going on  in politics most the time. 

After few weeks this will be all forgotten and the useful idiots will go back to watching the Kardashians.

But the NRA and all the industry of firearms  and target shooting hunting will still be there with deep pockets . 

I cannot fathom the heartbreak a parent must feel to lose a child to gun violence. In school or otherwise. And understandably, emotions are high at this time, after another senseless killing, by a mentality deficit coward.

No the NRA is not perfect, but I'll continue to support them. For the vast majority of gun owners, are decent law abiding citizens. And by far the NRA, is the loudest voice, to speak up for the law abiding gun owners of this country. 

Together we stand. Divided we fall.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

How does cnn or you or me really no how people think besides 16 year old hysterical teenage girls that they  put on  cnn   for propaganda , i  don't think people really give a f one way or the other just like most people could care less or don't even know what is going on  in politics most the time. 

After few weeks this will be all forgotten and the useful idiots will go back to watching the Kardashians.

But the NRA and all the industry of firearms  and target shooting hunting will still be there with deep pockets . 

That may be true.  But I don't know about you but I don't think a half hour goes by at work that people are talking about this. It's the lead story on the news, it's in everyone's mind right now.  And yes in a couple  months people may forget or go on to other things but right now it is the hotest of hot topics.  Therefore people are reacting to it asking for it and pushing for it right now.  And more will be done in a month than NRA can undo in a year.  Cause also after this the only people that care what the NRA does is you and I.  What will the NRA do to free up legislation in the next year with there "deep pockets" ...nothing.  legislation will not go in remission.  It will only move forward and it moves when it's hot like this.  See....the safe act... In reaction to Sandy hook.  The NRA slows up legislation, maybe tempers it. When has it recinded it...also see safe act cause it's still there.

And this is not the fault of the NRA or its members.  It's the change in culture that we face. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

So if your not an Nra member are you a GOA member ? What group do,you support ? Do you write your elected officials?  Take non gun folks to the range ? Do you put your $ where your mouth is ?  Which one of the other 40 gun rights organizations do you support? I’ll guess , none .

I don’t think the NRA is losing , CCW is has expanded across the nation , they held back many attack’s . As for the safe act ya I get it, but with limited funds one has to fight fights one has a chance of wining , no ?

You don’t have to be a NRA member , but you got to be in the fight in some way ,so tell me what do YOU do ?

Im a life member and give many memberships as gifts because they are THE target  of the antis for a reason.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That may be true.  But I don't know about you but I don't think a half hour goes by at work that people are talking about this. It's the lead story on the news, it's in everyone's mind right now.  And yes in a couple  months people may forget or go on to other things but right now it is the hotest of hot topics.  Therefore people are reacting to it asking for it and pushing for it right now.  And more will be done in a month than NRA can undo in a year.  Cause also after this the only people that care what the NRA does is you and I.  What will the NRA do to free up legislation in the next year with there "deep pockets" ...nothing.  legislation will not go in remission.  It will only move forward and it moves when it's hot like this.  See....the safe act... In reaction to Sandy hook.  The NRA slows up legislation, maybe tempers it. When has it recinded it...also see safe act cause it's still there.

And this is not the fault of the NRA or its members.  It's the change in culture that we face. 

Funny Im in  Palm beach county right now on vaction about 1 hour away from that school   and not 1 person    have I heard even talk about it. :) 

Besides  local media news 

Trust me most people  these days have short attention span it  will be forgotten by most people  .

And I don't own a AR either just my objective view of things .

USA is the biggest arms dealer in the world and most the gun weapons   industry are politically conneted. 

They may  pass some feel good new law but for the most part nothing will change .

Edited by Storm914

If you don't think the NRA is losing then tell me why I can't have a mag with over 7 shots in it.  Why can't I buy ammo at Walmart for a pistol without showing my pistol permit, why can't I buy a bushmaster in NY where they are made.  Why can't I get a CCW permit for anyhting other than hunting , fishing, hiking or target.  Etc etc etc.  Gun laws have only moved in one direction. 

Again not the fault of NRA or hunters or you and I.  Society has changed whether we like it or not.  We are not the majority when we think AR' s should be legal.  

Parents don't want to fear for their children. That is stronger than any arguments we can make.  It will continue to be a slow progression for the most part and move more when the topic is hot.  But legislation and restrictions will always be introduced along the way. We arent going back to the days of the wild west with guns on our hips.  The NRA can only hope to slow it at best.  It is important, it can be somewhat effective, but we aren't going back.  It's naive to think otherwise.  

5 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Funny Im in  Palm beach county right now on vaction about 1 hour away from that school   and not 1 person    have I heard even talk about it. :) 

Besides  local media news 

Trust me most people  these days have short attention span it  will be forgotten by most people  .

And I don't own a AR either just my objective view of things .

USA is the biggest arms dealer in the world and most the gun weapons   industry are politically conneted. 

They me  pass some feel good new law but for the most part nothing will change .

Same was said about big tobacco.  

4 minutes ago, BigVal said:

I'm a supporter, I've gotten a few interesting comments on the sticker that's on my truck too. There's some real inconsiderate people out there. 

Ya I don’t have my Life sticker on my new car, as I fear damage, but that somewhat bothers me , I’ll still where pro gun shirts  , but my car is unattended .

Here’s  the thing the battle has heated up and shifted from DC to Wallstreet  I’ve been in it for over 30 years , spent tons of dough , many letters to the ed. as well as my elected officials, but to many of you fellas have been sitting it out and Frankly as i age it’s getting hard carrying you all .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If you don't think the NRA is losing then tell me why I can't have a mag with over 7 shots in it.  Why can't I buy ammo at Walmart for a pistol without showing my pistol permit, why can't I buy a bushmaster in NY where they are made.  Why can't I get a CCW permit for anyhting other than hunting , fishing, hiking or target.  Etc etc etc.  Gun laws have only moved in one direction. 

Again not the fault of NRA or hunters or you and I.  Society has changed whether we like it or not.  We are not the majority when we think AR' s should be legal.  

Parents don't want to fear for their children. That is stronger than any arguments we can make.  It will continue to be a slow progression for the most part and move more when the topic is hot.  But legislation and restrictions will always be introduced along the way. We arent going back to the days of the wild west with guns on our hips.  The NRA can only hope to slow it at best.  It is important, it can be somewhat effective, but we aren't going back.  It's naive to think otherwise.  

Because we  live in a one party state New York that's why .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Big tobacco is not in the Constitution .

His argument was financial.

And that's all that has slowed it up. Did the Constitution stop the safe act?  Did it get overturned by the supreme Court? Yea NY has more gun laws, but not even Texas is moving to less legislation.  It's not going back.  It's a societal change.  It still marches forward.  Your not losing ypur guns today or tomorrow, but there will be more and more restrictions.  It will never go the other way.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

18 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

His argument was financial.

And that's all that has slowed it up. Did the Constitution stop the safe act?  Did it get overturned by the supreme Court? Yea NY has more gun laws, but not even Texas is moving to less legislation.  It's not going back.  It's a societal change.  It still marches forward.  Your not losing ypur guns today or tomorrow, but there will be more and more restrictions.  It will never go the other way.  

Well it comes down to money really even in NYC someone with the  money can still get most what ever they want legally . They want to make it like it is in Europe. 

Lots of red tape  .

But it will never be that bad here at least not in or lifetime 

• Confused 1

Whether you like the NRA or not, the NRA is THE biggest reason that  we still have the gun rights that we still  have in this country...

The fact that the antis wail and whine  about the NRA is  proof  positive of that...

I wonder if some of you  non-supporters DESERVE what gun rights the rest of us have struggled to preserve for you...

I am sending in my donation tomorrow...NRA  Life member,  loud and proud...

• Like 12