Tonight, I'll Be Accepted As A New Member

grampy

At the Woodlawn Sportsmens Club!  Been waiting for almost two years to become a member! I first went there with my grandson, for his NYS, archery, and then firearms, safety courses. They really did a terrific job giving the courses, and put so much into it. As each instructor was very good, and my grandson loved it there! I was then invited back to do a Deer Search seminar for them. And the turn out was great! Met some really good guy's that were members, who graciously offered to sponsor me.  They have a nice 3-D archery range, as well as elevated shooting platforms. Along with an indoor and outdoor firearms range along with a trap range. And so much more, on a beatiful property.  I'm looking forward to meeting, and sharing with new friends, and possibly becoming a NYS certified safety instructor. I think my grandson is more excited than I am, as he really likes to shoot, and it's much closer than our farm property. So with his busy sports schedule, we can just zip over there, most any time. Most importantly, is that this is an organization, that publicly promotes the safe use of firearms. And in this day, every bit we can do as individuals, helps us all.

• Like 27

Hard to believe that places will accept an older, half deaf, balding, parts breaking down, gimpy, grampy. But they did! Not sure how much longer I can keep this charade up that I'm worthy, so all you fella's here keep quiet. ..........grin.

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

Hard to believe that places will accept an older, half deaf, balding, parts breaking down, gimpy, grampy. But they did! Not sure how much longer I can keep this charade up that I'm worthy, so all you fella's here keep quiet. ..........grin.

Most of us are rowing that same boat !  lol 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Katelinn
      Hello all,
      Im a syracusian and student in Natural Resource Managment at SUNY ESF. I'm new to bowhunting and gun hunting, this was my first season. I'm learning pretty solo because my father passed away before he could really teach me anything so please excuse my ignorance.

I'm interested in traditional archery, and have learned the art of long bow carving. I'm not against compounds, Im just poor and can't keep up with trends. Wood is generally much cheaper and the idea of hunting with a bow I carved myself is much more appealing to me than carbon fiber and the such.

I'm also looking to improve the archery range at Long Branch park for all archers. It needs helps bad and I think as a community we can improve it. I have another thread regarding that project.
    • By ADKHunter73
      Hi everyone,

I am just joining the site, I browsed over some forums here in the past, this seems like a good place to chat with fellow hunters and get some good information.  I recently started hunting the Adirondack Mountains(I have been a farm hunter my whole life), it's difficult to pinpoint travel routes, patterns, etc....I know a lot of it has to do with food in the woods, but the woods are so vast, its hard to be on the right ridge at the right time.  Anyone have any experience on big woods hunting?  Are there any little things to look for?  I have a couple trail cams set up and am getting a few good pics, but 99.9% of the time its after dark.  Thanks.
    • By Art
      Just moved into the mid-hudson valley. Really looking forward to turkey season. There are some amazing looking parks that are open to hunting with permits but I'm not a huge fan of parks. Looking for some suggestions for locations.
    • By LaurAshly520
      Hey guys! I'm new to your forum and somewhat new to the hunting community. I've been around hunting my whole life but haven't ever wanted to hunt very much up until a few weeks ago. I was helping out with a new tv show featuring women hunters and being around these ladies and watching them really made me want to pick up a bow and have at it. So here I am! I look forward to sharing my stories as well as hearing yours. Oh yea, look at the website I'm making for the ladies. I've worked on it a lot, what do you think about it? Thanks!