Ordered a deep fryer.

Bionic

Yes, years, and YEARS, behind the times but excited to make wings, and handcut fries, and zucchini fries.  I never could eat deep fried foods really growing up, unless I wanted to pay dearly with acne, and a grossly oily face, just wasnt worth it.  Lately i have been into wings, never was a huge fan, so this will be fun on fridays, and Saturdays.  I did look into air fryers, but have seen very contradicting reviews, and opinions.  With all the bribery reviews, and this, and that, I said screw it, and went with a deep fryer.   I have been using convection oven, and feel as if the air fryer would be similar in taste. 

• Like 4

I went with a 12 cup job, something to just do some wings, fries, things like that.  My dad has the full size turkey fryer he cooks pounds of wings in at a time, so if needed, he always offers it to use.   No turkey will fit in the fryer I bought.  

Chas' if you do buy, let us know what you think.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I'm looking into those air fryers. Looks to be the same effect minus the stuff that is bad for you.

My daughter is on a healthy eating kick for the last 3 years. I got her one for Christmas. It's a fairly high dollar one. the basket will do 2 servings (But we all know how shall a real serving is..lol). And I will say this. It does OK. But don't confuse this with real deep fried. It's like comparing apples and bowling balls. 

• Like 2

Bought one a little over a year ago and never looked back. Made a ton of wings, fried chicken breasts-legs-thighs, chicken and turkey fingers, shrimp, fish, poppers, fries, onion rings, and clams.
Here's a tip about reusing oil, strain it and store in a cool dry place. I get about three uses from oil with breaded/battered foods, 5 with non breaded. Toss the oil when it's no longer clear or smokes when heated.

Next to my grill, smokers, and cast iron pan I love using my deep fryer.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

That LAST thing I need is a deep fryer!

No thank you...................I have PLENTY of bad habits and don't need anything deep fried at home.

Booooo!

More for me then.

I don't have many bad habits,  so weekend TREATS wont hurt me.  I have plenty of self control with food.  Eat well during the week, to ruin it on the weekend xD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bionic said:

Yes, years, and YEARS, behind the times but excited to make wings, and handcut fries, and zucchini fries.  I never could eat deep fried foods really growing up, unless I wanted to pay dearly with acne, and a grossly oily face, just wasnt worth it.  Lately i have been into wings, never was a huge fan, so this will be fun on fridays, and Saturdays.  I did look into air fryers, but have seen very contradicting reviews, and opinions.  With all the bribery reviews, and this, and that, I said screw it, and went with a deep fryer.   I have been using convection oven, and feel as if the air fryer would be similar in taste. 

what brand fry daddy is horrible. Being italian ,christmas eve is fish nite . THE fry daddy takes a year and a day to heat up and if you put too much in there they dont fry comes out soggy its like three pieces of shrimp or calamari @ a time. Wind up doing it in a cast iron pot on the stove.We fry calamari , scallops and shrimp and fish that i caught all summer and fall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chas0218 said:

I'm looking into those air fryers. Looks to be the same effect minus the stuff that is bad for you.

Our daughter bought us one for Christmas. We've made a pork roast, fish, chicken breasts. Pork chops tonight. I was skeptical at first, but it's surprising how moist the food is. I wouldn't have thought you'd get that by cooking with hot air. Pretty quick too.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tommyc50 said:

what brand fry daddy is horrible. Being italian ,christmas eve is fish nite . THE fry daddy takes a year and a day to heat up and if you put too much in there they dont fry comes out soggy its like three pieces of shrimp or calamari @ a time. Wind up doing it in a cast iron pot on the stove.We fry calamari , scallops and shrimp and fish that i caught all summer and fall.

A cheapy farberware, if I like it, and it pukes later on, i will buy a good one.  Figured I would see just how much we use it first.   Did see fry daddy all over, but saw they chip teflon too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LVWAY7L/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519688610&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=farberware+deep+fryer&dpPl=1&dpID=51QUvLbfa0L&ref=plSrch

This one, but from wally word for $39 i was a sport