The Start

How did that desk turn out? Not trying to bust any onions but it's been a long time since we heard anything about it.  

I started to put together a shadow box to display a sword. A friend from work son was awarded this sword for finishing top in class! Still got some finishing to do but it's  getting there. Wood is cherry. Wiil post pictures when it's done. 

20181205_184008.jpg

20181205_184202.jpg

• Like 8

• 6 months later...

Rather than starting a new thread I figured I would add to this one. I needed a table for the end of a couch at my daughter's and made this to match the 2 tables I refinished that are posted on this thread earlier. This table is designed to slide over the armrest at the end of the couch. 

It's nice getting back to work on some projects in the shop. May was not a good month for doing anything other than hunting and recovering from hunting!

IMG_20190615_171222245.jpg

IMG_20190615_171140230.jpg

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.
  • Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, 2012_taco said:

Next little project.....

My wife wants to add some decor out on the rear patio. I cut the shape out of luann plywood and she will do the painting. I'll  post another  pic when it's  done. 

20190914_115930.jpg

im calling this done cause its hunting season !  Let your wife know! lol You have a monster sticker buck to tag! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

On 2/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, Lawdwaz said:

You little pecker head.........I'll get to it. :) 

You just wait till you're older; some things are easier to live with as you get up in age.   Besides, somebody with a sharp eye for safety had to keep an eye on those two hacks last night.....no fingers were lost or eye balls poked out.   Ears, not so much......I think Tacks has a photo??

Circling back on this. Any wallpaper updates? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Circling back on this. Any wallpaper updates? 

Jeez.....I think since 2/2018 we’ve resurfaced the driveway (from the sidewalk to the garage and side of garage) widened the driveway apron from 1.5 to 2+ cars with concrete, new front entry door, new skinnin’ shack addition to the original shed, a shiit ton of topsoil & grass seed and the other day added a couple new boxwoods to the side of the house.  Wednesday a new patio set comes......

The wallpaper NEVER looked better. :)

• Like 5

• 7 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:56 PM, Lawdwaz said:

The wallpaper NEVER looked better. :)

What wallpaper?!?! It took a pandemic to get my wallpaper stripped and Tacks' desk done!! 

I'm skim coating the rough plaster walls in the kitchen now, maybe it'll be painted before 4th of July. :(

But really, what's the rush, eh Tacks??  LOL

• Like 3

What wallpaper?!?! It took a pandemic to get my wallpaper stripped and Tacks' desk done!! 
I'm skim coating the rough plaster walls in the kitchen now, maybe it'll be painted before 4th of July.
But really, what's the rush, eh Tacks??  LOL

Now I can tell people “it took two years to make that desk!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2