Dicks sporting goods/field and stream

Robhuntandfish

10 hours ago, First-light said:

I don't think gun are a major percentage of the sales at Dicks. Honestly whenever I'm in there the gun dept is never that busy. There are some changes coming, even was said by the President he wants 21 to be the legal age to buy a gun. It's fine by me. 

Of course it is. You seem to be all too willing to hand over chunks of your 2nd amendment rights. They have pending legislation already to ban ALL semi automatic firearms that accept a detachable magazine (which means all of them except a small number of shotguns and tube magazine fed firearms) and any semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip (it will include thumbhole stocks), etc. Im willing to bet that you are ok with that as well. You are your own worst enemy, youll realize it in time when they come for your pump action guns, the rest of the semi autos that arent covered in the legislation they are trying to pass, your handguns, etc etc etc. Once they gain traction, its not going to stop. This is not paranoia, they have already said it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, First-light said:

There are some changes coming, even was said by the President he wants 21 to be the legal age to buy a gun. It's fine by me. 

A "so called hunter" supporting gun bans and age limit restrictions claiming to be from the Finger Lakes Region.....What an idiot.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Of course it is. You seem to be all too willing to hand over chunks of your 2nd amendment rights. They have pending legislation already to ban ALL semi automatic firearms that accept a detachable magazine (which means all of them except a small number of shotguns and tube magazine fed firearms) and any semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip (it will include thumbhole stocks), etc. Im willing to bet that you are ok with that as well. You are your own worst enemy, youll realize it in time when they come for your pump action guns, the rest of the semi autos that arent covered in the legislation they are trying to pass, your handguns, etc etc etc. Once they gain traction, its not going to stop. This is not paranoia, they have already said it.

Look I'm not going to debate this with you guys. I have my opinions you have yours. I respect each one of you. It's a new world and we have to look at some civil liberties that need to be given up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, First-light said:

Look I'm not going to debate this with you guys. I have my opinions you have yours. I respect each one of you. It's a new world and we have to look at some civil liberties that need to be given up.

Given that last sentence, since the vast majority of gun violence is committed my minorities, could you get behind banning their owning of firearms?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, First-light said:

we have to look at some civil liberties that need to be given up

Sounds like a Hillary statement. Why, so some legislators feel good? It doesn't solve anything. Why should I have to give up my civil liberties, I didn't do anything wrong.

Why not secure the schools like a bank, and address the mental health issue? You think banning an inanimate object fixes the problem? Murder is illegal too. Lawbreakers don't follow laws.

I want kids safe. Banning AR's doesn't do it.

• Like 8

If anyone could guarantee that by banning this one specific, yet ambiguously defined, "assault type rifle" that no mass shooting would ever ever happen again, I'd support it instantly.

But we all know that it won't. So what's next? Any semiautomatic rifle whether it's black and scary or pink and flowery?

Then what? All semiauto handguns? All guns period?

Not trying to be overly dramatic or poetic but let me paraphrase something that came out of the holocaust:

First they came for the ar and I didn't stop them. 

Then they came for my rifles and I didn't stop them. 

Then they came for my handguns and I didn't stop them. 

Then they came for me and I had nothing to stop them with. 

Edited by uberyan

54 minutes ago, First-light said:

While I respect your right to have your own opinion, I find what you said sickening and completely unAmerican.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, uberyan said:

If anyone could guarantee that by banning this one specific, yet ambiguously defined, "assault type rifle" that no mass shooting would ever ever happen again, I'd support it in an instance. 

But we all know that it won't. So what's next? Any semiautomatic rifle whether it's black and scary or pink and flowery?

Then what? All semiauto handguns? All guns period?

Not trying to be overly dramatic or poetic but let me paraphrase something that came out of the holocaust:

First they came for the ar and I didn't stop them. 

Then they came for my rifles and I didn't stop them. 

Then they came for my handguns and I didn't stop them. 

Then they came for me and I had nothing to stop them with. 

Ive already posted an article about new legislation that they are trying to pass that, if passed, will ban almost every semiauto firearm, including handguns and shotguns. Its not a paranoid what if, its already been introduced this week.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 9:10 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yep, just finished cutting up my Score cards and unsubscribing from coupons, etc. Ive been a pretty loyal customer of theirs since the opened in Rochester, all done with them. Hopefully the new Bass Pro in Victor gets built and opens soon.

I just unsubscribed from their e-mails and will no longer shop at any of their stores. When unsubscribing they asked the reason, I used other and filled in "You decided to stop carrying sporting rifles." Piss on that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I just unsubscribed from their e-mails and will no longer shop at any of their stores. When unsubscribing they asked the reason, I used other and filled in "You decided to stop carrying sporting rifles." Piss on that.

I still have not received a reply to the support case I opened. I can imagine they are being buried with such requests right now.

17 hours ago, Doc said:

I have learned to be organized to the point where I actually make lists of needed items and periodically take the hour drive down the road to the Auburn Bass-pro and load up my shop with reloading components and equipment and what ever hunting accessories that I need. It actually is a pleasant drive and I take the longer scenic route down 5&20 through all those neat old towns and get to see some different country a few times a year. Its not a big imposition. It's almost as far to go to Henrietta as it is to go to Auburn, and I avoid dealing with  the wolves dressed in sheep's clothing. It's bad enough that we have the libs to deal with but now we have those that are supposed to be 2nd Amendment advocates doing the heavy lifting for the gun-grabbers.

As far as the Victor version of Bass-pro, I have basically given up on that deal. I think something must have killed that deal. Nobody's even talking about it anymore.

I too am very organized and can even borrow from my dad. His garage is like a mini-cabelas. But the most organized and well planning people still have lapses or lose something or something breaks. 

1 hour ago, First-light said:

One of my problems is the antis always say we don’t compromise , yet I’ve never been offered one. Trying to take 6 things then settling for 4 is not a compromise.

Im sure not for giving up semis, but if I was offered National reciprocity I may consider some other things .

Off to Beikirchs in a bit .....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

The more I think about this, the more I realize that I don’t have enough info to assess whether Dicks did what was right FOR THEIR BUSINESS.  I know they don’t want to lose business from anyone that could view their actions as irresponsible or leading to more potential mass shootings.  What percentage of profits come from gun sales?  What would happen if a customer bought a gun there and went on a killing spree?  Those answers play a much greater role in this business decision for Dicks than whether they support AR rights.  Might not like it, but I get it.  I bet they sell way more sneakers to soccer moms. 

i'm sure gun sales isn't much for them. But how many sportsman will look elsewhere for hunting, fishing and camping? Heck F&S, that's all they sell...

I know i'm going to do my best to shop elsewhere and it's a shame because they do have good sales not only on hunting and fishing but athletic gear. 

I was thinking about where my long guns have come from. With the exception of my last ruger 30-06 which came from gunbrooker. I think almost all have come from big box stores. Dicks always had good deal on the ruger 10/22 and that was my birthday present at 12 from my dad and my first firearm.

I think I just lost my breakfast....that’s got to be the least American thing one could possibly say. And also a bit moronic at the same time. This “new world” we are living in has seen nothing but more civil liberties given to gays, tranny’s and illegals. Why is everyone else gaining rights but gun owners continue to get theirs stripped? Other than gun rights, what liberties is anyone else giving up in this “new world” of yours?
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

I was thinking about where my long guns have come from. With the exception of my last ruger 30-06 which came from gunbrooker. I think almost all have come from big box stores. Dicks always had good deal on the ruger 10/22 and that was my birthday present at 12 from my dad and my first firearm.

That is funny.  I never bought a gun at a big box store.  Biekirchs, Eurooptics, DD Ranch, used, victor pro guns.  Never even realized that until you mentioned it.

• Like 1