Dicks sporting goods/field and stream

Robhuntandfish

• 1 month later...

For context on the NRA stance, this has been reported;

https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/02/dicks-sporting-goods-hired-four-democrat-gun-control-lobbyists-april-records-show/

Dick’s Sporting Goods Hired Three Gun Control Lobbyists In April

The sporting goods store, under fire for refusing to sell rifles to anyone under the age of 21, is now officially lobbying Congress for gun control, according to federal lobbying activity records.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I still won't shop there.  Let 'em burn.  It's only a matter of time before shareholders remind that pompous CEO that they care way more about earnings than his insane SJW cause.

• Like 5

I have 3 boys all into sports. all will need plenty of sneakers and gear growing up and we've already shopped elsewhere for these things when we normally hit up the webster dicks. We're all campers, fisherman and hunters. I'd estimate I really only used dicks for good sales and last minute things. Maybe $100 a year on hunting gear, but what they will lose from me on sneakers and sports gear will be thousands. hope it was worth it. looks like the soccer moms posting their praise on facebook that you expected to flock to your stores didn't actually follow through. shocking. 

• Like 5

I would always stop in after the season and pick up some good left over clothes or gloves and would use the discounts to get other hunting gear, no more.  I would rather pay twice the amount than go back to them.  

Lucky for me I don't need to much more gear just boots I tend to wear out and I can buy them online, never going back to them.  

• Like 4

Belo got me thinking.  Here's what I did NOT buy at Dick's Gun Grabbers lately:

1. Daughter's new sneakers for school. $50-$60

2. Daughter's various field hockey gear (and more to come since she made the team today and I have a new list of stuff to buy).  $200 and counting.

3. That sale priced .308 Hornady American Whitetail for $16.98/ box (I'd have bought a mess of that!)

4. Tenpoint Shadow NXT xbow for $1099 (plus whatever accessories)

5. Various hunting accessories.  At least another $200-$300.

F them.  I'm not giving them my money so they can turn right around and pay lobbyists to screw me out of my law-abiding gun ownership!  My daughter knows quite clearly that any and all athletic gear and sneakers she needs will NEVER be purchased there.  For that matter, NYS can kiss my butt too.  I save up the big purchases and hit up Costco and Cabela's in DE to avoid paying sales tax too.  Why any sane law-abiding citizen would pay more taxes than they need to or knowingly give their money to gun control lobbyists is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 6

For those of us that stuck to our principles, :good:!!!  By sticking together, we made a statement! We made a difference! Be proud! Lets keep it going. 

Between my grandsons sports, back to school stuff, my own fishing and hunting stuff, along with the impulse purchases, we make. For us, that adds up to over two grand this year, that will be spent elsewhere. 

$2000?? Just a drop in the bucket, for their bottom line. But multiply that by hundreds of thousands, or perhaps a million, easy to see the impact we are making!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

And then we have the idiots, even on this forum, supporting a company that is actively lobbying for laws that want to limit 2A rights. Incredible.

I know some of the guys here, and elsewhere, that still make purchases at Dicks or F&S. Most all of em are good guys, from this forum. I respect their right to buy wherever they want. Or to save a buck or two.

But for myself, I can not, and will not compromise my principles. I cannot support a company that will take my money, and use it against me. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, grampy said:

I know some of the guys here, and elsewhere, that still make purchases at Dicks or F&S. Most all of em are good guys, from this forum. I respect their right to buy wherever they want. Or to save a buck or two.

But for myself, I can not, and will not compromise my principles. I cannot support a company that will take my money, and use it against me. 

The difference to me is that if you shop at Wal Mart and they don't want to sell black rifles or rifles at all; thats a market position based on liability and social repercussions.  Fair enough, their choice, and that of the consumer.

Dicks CEO is actively supporting and getting involved with lobbyists who's end game is not just AR platforms.

Shopping their supports the bottom line of the CEO's and BOD's decisions. 

On the other end there is not one Chinese made product sold there that can't be beat on price with a little internet shopping and free shipping. So I see that as hollow argument.

Anyone thats feels insulted can, as always,  freely use the ignore feature here, they are most welcomed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

The difference to me is that if you shop at Wal Mart and they don't want to sell black rifles or rifles at all; thats a market position based on liability and social repercussions.  Fair enough, their choice, and that of the consumer.

Dicks CEO is actively supporting and getting involved with lobbyists who's end game is not just AR platforms.

Shopping their supports the bottom line of the CEO's and BOD's decisions. 

On the other end there is not one Chinese made product sold there that can't be beat on price with a little internet shopping and free shipping. So I see that as hollow argument.

Anyone thats feels insulted can, as always,  freely use the ignore feature here, they are most welcomed.

Wish I could have given you 5 more likes... 

• Like 1