My good deed for the day.

reeltime

Been running crazy this week doing prep work on a new build and finished up drafting the set of prints this afternoon and went to see the bldg. Inspector but he was gone for the day. So what else to do but go check in the water and ice.

I pull in and just as I am ready to leave I see a drake blue bill huddled in the sand I could see he needed help and without help he would not survive.

I tried getting out but he started to dart towards the water and I knew if he made it to the water he would not survive for long.

So I sent Ziva to get him knowing that she would not hurt him and would bring him back to me. That worked like a charm but now that I had him I couldn't hold him and cut all the line off him so I called my buddy Doug and he came down to help. I put him in my truck so he could warm up as he felt extremely cold to the touch.

We had a tough time getting all the line cut and untangled but we finally got all the line off him and after a thorough exam other than a few missing wing feathers on the elbow and an open sore and being malnourished he seemed ok.

So I walked him to the waters edge told him don't come back next duck season and set him in the water and he swam away then swam back towards me as I left.

He should be able to eat in the shallows till he builds up strength and heals up.

fb0f9a33204872af3b7002384363773f.jpg294c93483e52a5f4e761120a983ca540.jpg5b2987373fcb756efbec04b1dfe87367.jpg578d4552f6d1c0b83e91443218f86f82.jpg

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

thanks everyone,  just couldn't not do anything to help him out.  hope he makes it  but one things for sure his chances are a whole lot better now than before I found him.

A couple years back I was finding ducks all over the village froze up during an extremely cold and snowy spell we were having and there was heavy ice cover on the bay and lake. I found one huddled against the gas pumps at the pit stop while I was shovelling out the pumps.  I was taking them and thawing them in my truck and then letting them go in the open water areas around bubblers.  towards the end I was taking them 25 miles to Seneca lake and letting them go.

• Like 4