I hate snow

Swamp_bucks

60 degrees a couple days ago and now im looking at 12" plus of fresh snow and it still coming down. Told my wife when we go to myrtle beach at the end of the month i may not come back. Lol.  Ready for spring to get here hoping this will be the last blast of snow.

• Like 2

The wind has me pacing like no other, too many monster pines in my yard.  Blizzard warning, and 50 plus mph gusts, and comstand wind with a foot of wet snow.  I know this is just another day for you lake effect region folks, but im sweating this.

My day has been .....got up at 3:30 to get to work. Drive in was terrible, worst in 2 years.  Closed work up then got home, cleaned out driveway and roof.  Trees and branches crashing and creaking all around.  Went inside and 2 minutes later a big limb fell in driveway where I just was. Whew....   Now power just went put and a fire truck just went by.....hope all is ok down the road..... And def will have to unbury 85 vehicles tomorrow..... Yup hate winter just a bit.... complete travel ban and state of emergency here. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

11 minutes ago, Bionic said:

The wind has me pacing like no other, too many monster pines in my yard.  Blizzard warning, and 50 plus mph gusts, and comstand wind with a foot of wet snow.  I know this is just another day for you lake effect region folks, but im sweating this.

Same here went to work closed at 1030. Got home and i had 5 huge pine branches on my roof and already lost a section of my fence.  Heading back out to shovel and see how the trees are holding up.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

We're getting to the point now where any additional snow will really put a hurtin' on the deer and other critters if it piles up much more before green up.

This is probably the most critical point of winter for them as they run out of fat reserves and any available food gets buried again under feet of snow like we are right now. Fortunately it looks like this latest round wont be on the ground for long, but who knows what the rest of the month has in store for them. At least they didn't have to contend with any sub zero temps with this latest blast.

On a positive note, I did flush a woodcock earlier this week before the storm so the end may be in sight!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Same here went to work closed at 1030. Got home and i had 5 huge pine branches on my roof and already lost a section of my fence.  Heading back out to shovel and see how the trees are holding up.

Good luck.  Im not home, but the girlfriend is.  I was called in at 3:45 this morning, and I have to stay until the roads are clean, and safe, doubt that will happen until tomorrow morning.  Girlfriend has been giving updates, I guess a limb hit the ground, and bounced up and tore the screen on the window.  I am fine with that though.  Had a smaller tree fall in the back, again they fall all they want, just PLEASE dont hit the house.  Again, best of luck.

Edited by Bionic

Our forecast was for 1-3 inches of snow turning to rain. We have over a foot and still snowing. Haven't had much wind though. Could be worse. About 10 miles as the crow flies to the west, just up in elevation a little bit they are reporting over 2 feet. 

same here except the wind is no where near their predicted mph.

mom sent a pic of my step brothers new dodge pickup with an 80 foot pine tree  dead center from front to back  his nice $60,000 truck is totaled. 

after all the warm weather I think everything is ready for spring. but as usual we get some of our worst storms in march.

Edited by reeltime

Not even a dusting at this point in Huntington.  Most of it washed away.  Suppose to get a little colder so we might have some accumulation but it wont last.  Send the  rest of this years snow down here on LI we can take it!  And our deer don't mind they have it easy here as long as the cold is not to bad.  Many are born late here but many also make it through the winter. 

Hoping for some early thaw out up north to help the deer out! 

• Like 1

My son , Nick , lives off of Co road 33 near Honeoye . They have had some tree damage and he said it was almost like when we had the Ice storm in the 90's . Luckily they have a generator as they had lost power . He said they got about 17" of snow . WNYBuckhunter doesn't live too far away so he might be buried also . 

We had about 10" here in Ontario . It was a bit of a job even with a snowblower to clear the driveway . 

Bad week to come up to camp. Wed and thursday i was prunning apple trees wearing a t shirt and today we have close to 2 feet of snow and in some places with drifts its more like 3 feet. Im in deleware /otsego county where the higher end prediction of snow accumulation is happening. Heres pic. Of snow when i opened the door earlier today. Still snowing hard and wind is howling. I just prayer my tractor can dig out the driveway. Pic sideways.

20180302_134427.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPHunter said:

Our forecast was for 1-3 inches of snow turning to rain. We have over a foot and still snowing. Haven't had much wind though. Could be worse. About 10 miles as the crow flies to the west, just up in elevation a little bit they are reporting over 2 feet. 

We got all of 24 inches here if not more in the hills trees down everywhere...power was out all day it just came back on...

8 minutes ago, silent death said:

We got all of 24 inches here if not more in the hills trees down everywhere...power was out all day it just came back on...

Yup. Heldebergs, Schoharie Valley and Catskills got hammered. Channel10 just said there could be some 40 inch totals. Good luck to you guys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Not even a dusting at this point in Huntington.  Most of it washed away.  Suppose to get a little colder so we might have some accumulation but it wont last.  Send the  rest of this years snow down here on LI we can take it!  And our deer don't mind they have it easy here as long as the cold is not to bad.  Many are born late here but many also make it through the winter. 

Hoping for some early thaw out up north to help the deer out! 

Did you see the flooding in the harbors? Northport dock was under water!

• Like 1