Power outage from northeaster 24 hours no power no heat

Hunter007

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My street still says tonight at 11:45pm but other roads in Yorktown saying 3/6 or 3/7. With storm coming, could mean even longer if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there buddy ,you'll be grilling and sucking beers by the pool side in no time.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My street still says tonight at 11:45pm but other roads in Yorktown saying 3/6 or 3/7. With storm coming, could mean even longer if I had to guess.

Now I am amongst the 3/6 11:45pm crowd.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BigVal said:

50 grand in property tax? 

Frankly its not hard to hit that number in Lower Westchester around Scarsdale. A $3mil assessment would put that number into play. Location,location,location

Now if one can afford 4-5K a month in taxes, the coin for the upkeep, and to buy it in the first place; one might make an argument your an idiot for not being prepared after Sandy rolled through there with that kind of asset.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Storm914, you need to change your name to Sunnyday914 since you were ill prepared for a storm.  I'm surprised no one else picked up on the irony of his name.LOL

I just figured that he was one of those guys with a black cloud following him around all of the time. 

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A lot of finger pointing up your way. Hope they get you back on before tomorrow night!

I just figured that he was one of those guys with a black cloud following him around all of the time. 
Storm914, you need to change your name to Sunnyday914 since you were ill prepared for a storm.  I'm surprised no one else picked up on the irony of his name.LOL
I was thinking it was because it seems like it's a shit storm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

I was prepared for a blackout had plenty of lithium backup batterys to run Electronics and lots of flashights 

Just not expecting a hurricane in the middle of winter time and having no heat never happened here before .

Every blackout that I can  remember always in warm.weather here .

This is what I am thinking of getting anyone hook up a generator this way?

Edited by Storm914

I was prepared for a blackout had plenty of lithium backup batterys to run Electronics and lots of flashights 
Just not expecting a hurricane in the middle of winter time and having no heat never happened here before .

Dude. You got a multi million dollar estate. With that kind of funny money, I would just pay people to rub Hand Warmers on me during a blackout.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Nobody thinks about generators until they are needed, and then the stores are sold out.  I run mine under load at least 2 times a year and perform routine maintenance.  I don't care that it takes up room when not in use.  When it is needed it is there for me! 
I'm in Florida most of the time, run mine once a month, 10 min a pop with a load. One pull start every month with non ethenol gas.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TACC said:

I'm in Florida most of the time, run mine once a month, 10 min a pop with a load. One pull start every month with non ethenol gas.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

I have a place down there to never bothered to get a generator even there . But then again I don't live there all year round . I don't think any of the neighbors have them either down their. 

Edited by Storm914

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Dude. You got a multi million dollar estate. With that kind of funny money, I would just pay people to rub Hand Warmers on me during a blackout.

Can't afford it all the money goes for tax . 

Would have to sell Everything here and move down south to do crazy things like that:)

Like one of my friends did he bought half a golf course and  10 houses on it  for the cost of 1 he sold here :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Storm914 said:

My electric company sells and installs these.  I think around $750.  Safe and easy hookup.

• Like 3

That looks like a pretty nifty setup as long as your meter box is close to your house, my box is on a pole close to the road I live on but my house is a good 700 ft away. 

I went with a Northern Tool setup and hired an electrician  to install it. I went with this system with the somewhat portable generator because I can use the generator any other places on my property when and where I need power for tools and get dual use out of it.

I keep the generator in a shed not far from the outside plug so when the power goes down I just wheel it over to the house and plug her in, throw the switches on the transfer box and fire up the generator. Should be able to get this set up for a couple of grand total. Make sure your generator has a Honda Motor!

Al

2018-03-06_063313.png

2018-03-06_063342.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1