Power outage from northeaster 24 hours no power no heat

Hunter007

We had no power from Friday at 630pm until Tuesday at 500pm.I have no generator so we just camped out oil lamps flash lights and a gas/propane stove water was no issue I always fill the bathtub for cleaning and flushing the toilet.

Glad to hear you’re safe. Good Luck with snow today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Glad to hear you’re safe. Good Luck with snow today

Thank's Biz!The snow is no issue as long as the winds don't get crazy again but if I loose power again I'm all set got my pasta sauce cooking and a case of beer.Be safe yourself

• Like 2

Thank's Biz!The snow is no issue as long as the winds don't get crazy again but if I loose power again I'm all set got my pasta sauce cooking and a case of beer.Be safe yourself

Yea I feel the same. I was out of power from Friday 1pm till Monday night. Glad to be back

16 hours ago, bigpaul said:

You are here

Home » Products & Programs » GenerLink™ Emergency Transfer Switch

GenerLink™ Emergency Transfer Switch

GenerLink Logo

GenerLink™ emergency transfer switches will allow members to connect a 9500 watt or less portable generator to their home during power outages. These switches are five-inch devices that are in-stalled, by DCEC, behind your existing 200 amp meter base and come with a 20 foot cord. When you connect a portable generator to GenerLink™ and start it up it automatically disconnects your house from the electric utility grid preventing the possibility of back feed, which can damage equipment and harm DCEC line and right-of-way personnel. Each switch also has an internal warranty surge protection for household appliances.

generlink_3-300x225.jpg

The member cost for the devices will be $760 plus a $100 installation charge. The GenerLink™ switches are now available to purchase at the Cooperative. Please note that not all generators are compatible with these devices. For more information please call the DCEC office at (607) 746-2341.

An interlock, install and exterior outlet is A LOT cheaper and legal not sure why anyone would go this route.

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But how many times have you used it? I wouldn’t even want to spend $1K and never need it for 10 years. I guess I’ll wait for the next big outage and see how it plays out.

I use mine in the woods when building permanent stands. You can run a lot of different power tools from them. I use it probably twice a year but not anymore than that. Also have used it for power outages but majority has been in the woods. It's a peace of mind I guess. We can't afford to do the hotel thing with the 4 of us 2 nights in a hotel would have paid for the generator and the fuel. I guess it all depends on your lifestyle. I prefer to keep it like camping but if I need to keep my food from spoiling I'll throw on the generator.

There's a b horror/slasher movie in there somewhere....
Who's playing biz? 

there is an idea of a Mr. Biz, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

there is an idea of a Mr. Biz, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

American Psycho Thundersnow! 

• Like 2

This little electric cheap thing ( my back up to 30 year old Ariens ) did 9 inches of heavy snow like nothing .

Ill be buying a larger cordless one soon .

I basically could run with this thing ,crazy.

38E4CFC3-D6FC-4894-AD48-29A073DEF06A.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Spoken like after a purple kush session?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

been a long week for you.  Good luck.  In a couple of weeks you will have the BBQ out and relaxing I hope .  

Yes, It has, and you know how it goes.  Still here cleaning up roads, and parking lots.  Girlfriend texted me just prior to midnight, that power out again, still out now.  Im patient with these things, since I work long hours myself, and people dont think we do anything either lol.  Im getting frustrated now, it will all be past us soon enough.  I cant wait for bbq xd. I joke with my girlfriend, and said this is what I get for buying a deeo fryer, i was so excited to try it out last weekend, then we got that big storm, haha.