Nice day for a sled hill

sodfather

I was there yesterday for 2 hrs. with the grandkids!  When I was in school(young) if I wasn't ice skating I was on that hill almost every night.  If you walk from that hill straight out to William St. you would run into the house I grew up in as a kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I had that blue sled as a kid  The one with the double set of handles  Made many a jumps on that hill

That thing is a death trap it’ll go nice and straight for a little then just dart either right or left 

2 hours ago, sodfather said:

That thing is a death trap it’ll go nice and straight for a little then just dart either right or left 

Perhaps that explains my normalcy today along with eating paint chips  We used to sled down the  cement stairs to right side of sled hill onto the creek

• Like 1

When i was a kid, the 4-H Club and the church used to have family sledding parties at night. It was just outside of town with bonfires, food, drinks, and a ton of people. Somehow, I assume it was generators, we had lights. I just can't remember that part.

There were snowmoblies and 3 wheelers with ropes with handles to drag all us kids back up the hill, and once the machines went down, we weren't allowed to go until they all got back. It was good, clean, family fun, and it is a fond childhood memory for me.

• Like 5

My son and I made his first snowman. Snow wasn't packing very well yesterday but we managed. He loved it and kept yelling at the dogs for biting parts of the snowman off. He was too funny. He also managed to help me clear some brush around some wild apple trees, pruned them a little, and drop some trees in our purposed food plot. Not bad for just 2.5 hours outside.

• Like 2