Counseling without a Copay

Robhuntandfish

today the high school I went to was shutdown with a threat, then Utica college was on a lockdown.  Last week three local schools all made arrests for people making threats.  Then did anyone see what the oscars had in their gift bag handouts..... 2 different kind of pepper sprays and a kit to tell if your drink had been drugged......... seriously does anyone recognize our way of life anymore??  Dont want to be the old man on the porch telling people to get off my lawn but damn...........GET OFF MY LAWN!  lol

hardly recognize the world much anymore and have a hard time trusting most anyone.  -- i really like my dog though! 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

today the high school I went to was shutdown with a threat, then Utica college was on a lockdown.  Last week three local schools all made arrests for people making threats.  Then did anyone see what the oscars had in their gift bag handouts..... 2 different kind of pepper sprays and a kit to tell if your drink had been drugged......... seriously does anyone recognize our way of life anymore??  Dont want to be the old man on the porch telling people to get off my lawn but damn...........GET OFF MY LAWN!  lol

hardly recognize the world much anymore and have a hard time trusting most anyone.  -- i really like my dog though! 

Social media and 24/7 giving a conduit for the little attention whores to peddle their wares. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Social media and 24/7 giving a conduit for the little attention whores to peddle their wares. 

My honest opinion they should make it so kids can't go on Facebook or Snapchat at all ...half the bullshit would be avoided because alot of this crap starts from drama from a social media post and bullying...

• Like 9

Liberalism has destroyed or civilization, they want all these rules because they don't want to admit their lifestyle is a failure to all, not just their family, but their lifestyle effects EVERYONE around them... Everyone gets a trophy, competition is bad for kids, don't spank your kids, parent your kids with a TV/computer, don't yell at your kids, reason with them... You raise kids that can't cope when you do this... and they lash out at society when things aren't like they think it should be... They don't care about laws at that point, they want others to feel their pain and don't know how to work through it because mommy and daddy did everything for them...

• Like 6

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Social media ruined this country. IMHO.  

The Oscars are a joke.   

The "stars" push for gun control, but it's ok for them to have armed bodyguards. Plus all the local police, FBI at the Oscars to protect them.. with guns... 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, silent death said:

My honest opinion they should make it so kids can't go on Facebook or Snapchat at all ...

If I had my way they would have a age limit of 21 on cell phones and a background check before purchasing.

28 minutes ago, Steve D said:

If I had my way they would have a age limit of 21 on cell phones and a background check before purchasing.

Think of the lives that would save how many kids a year die from texting and driving ....shhshshs u are making to much sense...it's not that the kids today ain't dissaplined right at home or tought that there is a loser everything that happends today is the guns fault man stay on script ....lol I dare to say that if half these kids had good parents that would just take the time to set them straight "smack upside head"" they wouldn't do half this crap Christ u can't even yell at your kid nowadays they are to soft....it is what it is I raise my kids the way I was raised I don't care what anybody thinks maybe that's why 3 of my kids made high honor roll and my oldest is goin to college ..

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, silent death said:

Think of the lives that would save how many kids a year die from texting and driving ....shhshshs u are making to much sense

I would be willing to bet there are more cell phone related deaths than gun related deaths among kids.

19 minutes ago, silent death said:

it is what it is I raise my kids the way I was raised I don't care what anybody thinks

I happen to agree and both of mine grew up to be responsible self providing adults. That is what doing right by the kids represents instead of handing them a cell phone and send them on their way. Parenting is very hard,  requires a 24/7 commitment, and the ability to make some difficult decisions.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I happen to agree and both of mine grew up to be responsible self providing adults. That is what doing right by the kids represents instead of handing them a cell phone and send them on their way. Parenting is very hard,  requires a 24/7 commitment, and the ability to make some difficult decisions.

It is very sad that those of us that represent these feelings are the unheard minority now.

I grew up fearing my parents if I screwed up, I didn't learn to respect them until I was in my 20's. They kept me on the straight and narrow all through my teens. I learned how to deal with rejection, failure and disappointment and wasn't rewarded by monetary belongings. I got praise for success and knew I was loved and cared for but I wasn't shielded from punishment when I crossed that line.

I now parent 3 teenagers and in this world it's tough. It's sad when my child is being bullied and the school councilor tells me they can't tell another student "no, stop that behavior" because of fear the offender's parent will call him upset.

Seriously that was his answer, I guess he rather deal with this parent calling him upset when he allowed a student to degrade my daughter in front of him than to tell the other child to stop.

Absolutely ridiculous and maddening !!!

Edited by Salmon_Run
spelling error
  • Like 2

Ban social media for kids, they should not need social media until they are old enough, like 21!  Now you get all these kids  posting things and getting arrested because they did not know it was illegal to have an opinion! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salmon_Run said:

It is very sad that those of us that represent these feelings are the unheard minority now.

I grew up fearing my parents if I screwed up, I didn't learn to respect them until I was in my 20's. They kept me on the straight and narrow all through my teens. I learned how to deal with rejection, failure and disappointment and wasn't rewarded by monetary belongings. I got praise for success and knew I was loved and cared for but I wasn't shielded from punishment when I crossed that line.

I now parent 3 teenagers and in this world it's tough. It's sad when my child is being bullied and the school councilor tells me they can't tell another student "no, stop that behavior" because of fear the offender's parent will call him upset.

Seriously that was his answer, I guess he rather deal with this parent calling him upset when he allowed a student to degrade my daughter in front of him than to tell the other child to stop.

Absolutely ridiculous and maddening !!!

in Jr High I had a bully giving me issues. The same one decided to pull the same crap with two of my friends. It really didn't matter that he shaved in 6th grade and outweighed each of us by about 40 pounds when all 3 of us caught him behind the buses. I don't remember him ever bullying anyone again. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 7

Come on no cell phones til 21?? They cause problems but also solve problems. If a person can't handle having one that's their problem not all other people under the age of 21 problem. 

As a 23 year old I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, etc. But know tons of people who do and those people don't shoot up schools, text and drive, or anything crazy. 

Edited by BigVal
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Now that's one heck of a good idea!!!

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

That would be just like cumho punishing all gun owners because of a few criminals.Not sure what the answer is but dont think that is it.

14 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

.Not sure what the answer is but dont think that is it.

In a nut shell........ some people shouldn't be allowed to breed is the answer   There should be a common sense test for the male and female to pass before copulating and having a child

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

In a nut shell........ some people shouldn't be allowed to breed is the answer   There should be a common sense test for the male and female to pass before copulating and having a child

That and to vote......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigVal said:

Come on no cell phones til 21?? They cause problems but also solve problems. If a person can't handle having one that's their problem not all other people under the age of 21 problem. 

As a 23 year old I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, etc. But know tons of people who do and those people don't shoot up schools, text and drive, or anything crazy. 

The same can be said about guns also but u see how that is going u gotta be 21 or older in most places now . And it only took a couple of whack jobs that got ahold of guns to push that agenda..so where does it stop there is no simple solution be it banning guns or phones or whatever they are all just feel good measure . 

Edited by silent death

Just so u know there is a bill in Senate to ban all semi autos not just the AR-15 style firearms ..it's a agenda that's all ...it's a sad world we live in my friends and I fear our kids are gonna grow up with no freedom at all .... just because of knee jerk reactions.

Edited by silent death

• fasteddie changed the title to Counseling without a Copay