Who do you share your meat with?

For me its been really slow the last few years, but my son is lucky nuts and usually shoots 2 or 3.Seeing i do the butchering and packaging i get all i want, my daughter-in law won't cook it or eat it's unless he comes to my freezer and cooks it himself, we usually it it all.

All fish I keep stays at Casa Uncle Nicky, with the exception being bluefish and mackerel. I keep all wild game, with the exception of some deer jerky and deer kielbasi I give to family, neighbors, and co-workers. I used to give more deer away, but I only shoot 2 or 3 a year now.

I have given deer meat to friends when they weren't so lucky and needed some venison, I've also received the same from friends when I didn't get a deer. I make a lot of jerky and always take it to hockey to share. I like to try different ways to prepare the venison/ wild turkey and always share that with those interested. The bacon wrapped bites are great (thanks TF), smoked pepper sticks, wild turkey tettrazini, chili, jalapeno hot dogs, etc. The list goes on...

We have  lunches at work 3-4 times a year where everyone brings something to pass, and they are always asking what wild game am I going to make!

• Like 2

I'm not greedy I share with everyone,in years past I've donated to the venison program.I have even traded with some friends for some fishing gear.One season I gave entire deer to a family in need do to house fire.

• Like 2