whats your favorite wild game?

i love cooking and prepping wild game.  When I retire would love to start a wildgame food truck.  Think that would be fun. But whats your favorite wild game meal or item. For me its hard to beat a fresh caught walleye shore lunch with a beer batter.  I also love venison maple breakfast sausage and just a crusted cast iron fried hunk of backstrap!  I seem to eat venison steak with onions and peppers in a wrap a lot easy to make for a dinner. And have venison Jalepeno sausage and cheesy grits as one of my favorites.  

So whats your favorite type and style of wildgame.   

Edited by Robhuntandfish

From the water it's hard to beat perch and walleye. Nice very light batter. (Davies seafood on Stone road in Greece has the best)

From the land, while I love marinaded venison backstrap (usually with Speedie sauce or steakhouse peppercoren) I have to give the nod to Elk. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

There’s something about a oj , Italian dressing marinated bacon wrapped wild turkey breast off the smoker or venison bites that make me drool. The fact I worked long and hard to obtain it makes it bitter sweet. 

Campfire native trout gutted , butter , salt wrapped in foil on the fire 

Had moose burger that was pretty tasty. 

Grouse stew. 

Sodfather shared some goose kabobs that were pretty dang good  

The list could go on 

By far, my favorite wild game would be fresh grouper with red snapper being a very close second. Thats the biggest thing I miss about living in Florida, the seafood is so fresh and plentiful.

If you take saltwater game out of the mix, I have to go with Walleye, then Perch and Crappie for freshwater fish. Bacon wrapped wild turkey breast, Elk and venison backstraps for land based meats.

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

There’s something about a oj , Italian dressing marinated bacon wrapped wild turkey breast off the smoker or venison bites that make me drool. The fact I worked long and hard to obtain it makes it bitter sweet. 

Campfire native trout gutted , butter , salt wrapped in foil on the fire 

Had moose burger that was pretty tasty. 

Grouse stew. 

Sodfather shared some goose kabobs that were pretty dang good  

The list could go on 

ok now I am def doing that turkey recipe - damn that has to be a winner.  I have been making deep fried sweet and sour wild turkey bites but that recipe is going to happen for sure. - thanks !  

And native brookies was just an amazing meal - my Dad used to cook them for breakfast at camp in bacon grease.  so good. 

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

ok now I am def doing that turkey recipe - damn that has to be a winner.  I have been making deep fried sweet and sour wild turkey bites but that recipe is going to happen for sure. - thanks !  

And native brookies was just an amazing meal - my Dad used to cook them for breakfast at camp in bacon grease.  so good. 

I made one last year on the grill. I made a flat sheet of bacon, then laid the turkey breast on it, injected it with a little bit of Cajun Injector jalapeno butter marinade, then rolled it up, used some toothpicks to hold it together and slow cooked it on the grill. It was outstanding.

• Like 1

call me a savage but i like it all just about. hard to tell what's a favorite. i mean nothings safe unless my schedule to hunt it says otherwise. about everything i can think of i had a dish that was blow your mind good and have had it cooked where i'd assume go get fast food instead.

I guess I like whitetail tenderloin  the best.    And back strap.  Any venison really if its been handled and prepared well. Perch or walleye is always welcome.  Another favorite  is goose breast marinaded over night in Italian dressing, then cut into small cubes about the size of your thumb from the knuckle up.   Take a pound of bacon and slice it into 3 pieces so  each is about 3 inchs or so long. Wrap the bacon around the goose meat and put a toothpick through it to hold it in place.    Put them on the grill or over the fire.    Crack a beer.  When the bacon is done so is the goose.   Best goose you will ever have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Cora’s for breakfast. 4adb892b3af676926733a1ea63e51cfa.jpg856d6723035c414c0ca7bf4646432940.jpg
10 ingredient omelette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong thread silly 

That orange juice...you gonna drink that? Looks gooood

Edited by Bionic

Amphibians: deep fried, breaded frog legs

Wild caught fish: Deep fried breaded smelt ...... Tartar sauce or horsey sauce, or cocktail sauce. Big problem knowing when to stop.

Game Birds: pheasant or duck

Big game animals: Moose

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I want to try moose badly.

My dad had moose, and caribou a few years ago.  He said the caribou was to die for, and moose was second best hes ever tried.

Caribou and moose are right up there if you get a chance at some. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Amphibians: deep fried, breaded frog legs

Wild caught fish: Deep fried breaded smelt ...... Tartar sauce or horsey sauce, or cocktail sauce. Big problem knowing when to stop.

Game Birds: pheasant or duck

Big game animals: Moose

Have been trying to find a good place to get some frogs.  Frog legs are great.  I had a spot but it's private now.  Tough to find a spot with a good bunch of them.  Saw a ton on a golf course couple years ago.  I didn't ask as I rarely golf anymore so thought they wouldn't go for it.