Dicks, F&S removing sensitive products

mowin

Buddy of mine was in F&S in Latham the last week.  

Two of the workers in the gun department were complaining about memos they received and were in the process of completing. 

Removing all .223-5.56 ammo from the shelves. And removing all 511 apparel INCLUDING American flag patches because they may be concerned offencive.  

I went in the store yesterday, and verified that in fact the ammo was removed and no longer available. Asked where the American patches were. The answer I received was they are no longer carried because of lack of sales. The only 511 stuff I can find was belts. 

Really disappointed in this company. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Coward County Sheriff "Candy and nuts", his ball-less deputies and those useless FBI agents all still have jobs and are being sued along with the school.  I didn't see any AR's, bump stocks, ammo or the NRA listed as defendants though.  :search:

• Like 2

Haven't been in one of their stores since they sided with the fear mongerers. Don't plan on stepping into one in the future either! This just makes me more determined to stay out, and bring my hard earned dollars to their competition. Just made a rather substantial order to Bass Pro for some fishing tackle and gear. In the past, some of that $ would have been spent in Dorks Sporting Goods. I will never again give them one red cent!

• Like 7

It’s on like never before .

Dicks is a sneaker store, I’ve read that around ten percent of their sales is from guns/ hunting ,now losing foot traffic from folks looking for guns and hunting stuff, who,now don’t by sneakers and over priced clothes may have some affect . But I don’t not expect much .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Dicks is a sneaker store, I’ve read that around ten percent of their sales is from guns/ hunting ,now losing foot traffic from folks looking for guns and hunting stuff, who,now don’t by sneakers and over priced clothes may have some affect . But I don’t not expect much .

I haven’t been in dicks for years, but when they built the field and stream we spent quiet a bit on clothes reloading etc.but no more.. 

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

It may be that way for now , but when things calm down it’s the long game for us hunters sticking to our beliefs . because it will affect their bottom line.. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Results from an online survey should be taken with a grain of salt.  For example, YouGov's survey data was on the wrong side of Brexit.  I'm not saying dismiss it altogether, just that one survey shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Dick's has bigger problems as evidenced by their plunging stock price.  It's not as if taking another loss by clearing the shelves of AR's and ammo will benefit their bottom line.  Wonder what that will look like in the next earnings release.  

Soon it won't even matter what they do.  Legislation will be passed and all stores will be 21.   

Can't boycott all the stores that will do this either.  Walmart......it's like the only store here in the area. Not much of a choice.  They don't sell/stock guns at ours and haven't in a few years.   

Still need to buy groceries and underwear so gotta shop somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I just bought some sneakers, might have picked them up at Dicks to gain score card points in the past. I bought directly from Nike this time.

44 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Results from an online survey should be taken with a grain of salt.  For example, YouGov's survey data was on the wrong side of Brexit.  I'm not saying dismiss it altogether, just that one survey shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Dick's has bigger problems as evidenced by their plunging stock price.  It's not as if taking another loss by clearing the shelves of AR's and ammo will benefit their bottom line.  Wonder what that will look like in the next earnings release.  

Capture.JPG

55 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Soon it won't even matter what they do.  Legislation will be passed and all stores will be 21.   

Can't boycott all the stores that will do this either.  Walmart......it's like the only store here in the area. Not much of a choice.  They don't sell/stock guns at ours and haven't in a few years.   

Still need to buy groceries and underwear so gotta shop somewhere. 

You are right, but  to me Walmart is a store that happens to  sell guns.  field and stream is solely a outdoor store. If or when Congress passes legislation for no one under 21 to purchase a AR and all gun stores have to follow it . Well then there’s nothing to hold against a local shop or cabelas etc because  their hands are tied.. but to be a specific store and alienate customers makes no sense.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rob-c said:

You are right, but  to me Walmart is a store that happens to  sell guns.  field and stream is solely a outdoor store. If or when Congress passes legislation for no one under 21 to purchase a AR and all gun stores have to follow it . Well then there’s nothing to hold against a local shop or cabelas etc because  their hands are tied.. but to be a specific store and alienate customers makes no sense.. 

Would disagree.  No matter what they sell it's still the same restriction to a constitutional right.  And Walmart sells more guns than Dicks.  It's the largest retail firearm seller in the US last I knew. 

To boycott dicks and not Walmart is just choosing what is convenient.  Look I agree and am not happy about it.  I don't buy anything at dicks anyway so that's easy .  But I can't boycott Walmart . Don't like it for sure but still gonna shop there.  To choose just dicks to boycott and not Walmart is just the easy way out.  

But by the end of April I am willing to bet it is a moot point.  Ny legislation will be passed for 21 If not federal.